ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snapped spring...

Megane R26
That was a great start to the day, drove off my drive and round the corner over a speed bumped and bang, my front offside spring snapped, i've just been onto Renault and they want £121 :eek:
Has anyone got any idea where else i could get a replacement from?
Car is a 182 with both cup packs.

Megane R26
Thanks for the reply i just ordered some from K-tec although sadly they won't be in stock unitil at least the 5th of Jan :(

182cup/D40/Hornet
Just get some eibach springs, roughly same price, but for 4 lol. Proline wont lower much eiethr if you want to keep the standard sort of height ...

ordered sportlines thinking they would be a little lower than standard cup springs :(
well nevermind I'll see what their like if i don't like them,prolines it'll be and a set of sportlines will be in the for sale section!

B

Brown.

^^ Wear and tear...has to happen to some one. not all springs are perfectly wound

Screw aye bach!!!...get apex 40mm.....motorsportworld.com have them....

Megane R26
The car is four years old now so wear and tear is likely to be the cause of the old spring breaking, i know its happened to quite a few others on here as well.
I've ordered a set of Prolines from K-tec as a replacement for the standard springs also spoke to my insurance company and they said it won't cost me anymore on insurance once they're fitted so seems win, win to me :D