ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snapped Engine mount!

which one has snapped? have seen pictures of top mounts and upper g/box mounts that have separated (not a 'common' problem, but can happen with mounts of their type). it's probably time to renew all of the mounts, so that they're all starting afresh

RS RIP
yep, common..

be ready to change mounts every 30k . They last longer but they wear pretty fast , bringing a lot of enginemovement which worsens throttle response/steer reponse etc.

When changed it will feel like a "new" car :)

Black 172 ph2
Ive just ordered a whole new set from K-Tec racing came to £205 with postage.

Upper and Lower Gearbox, Upper Engine and Uprated Lower Engine bushes.

Along with Centre and Rear exhuast hangers as they have worn AGAIN (This will be my third set!!!) think its due to the engine moving so much also.

Will let you know how the car feels once i get them replaced bacause at the moment im hating driving it, and hope this gives the car a new lease of life - else its going!!

Iceburg 172
upper engine one on the o/s. gearbox one is totaly worn out too :( only just had the gearbox rebuilt, tis turning out to be a pain.

Anybody tried the 'uprated k tec group n' mounts? (oboiously won't be as good as the proper rsport group n)

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2655

Put them on my car after the stock ones broke.

Nice and tight you can really feel the engine responding to the pedal with no lag at all.

The problem is that you'll shake like a bi*ch when you are stuck in traffic... that might be because i also fit the dogbone bushes at the same time ... still :eek: