ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

smoking engine and water out of exhaust.

clio 1.2 2001 STD
got my clio (1.2) back from the garage today, i sent it in to have the the cam cover gasket changed. now i have it back £140 later. started it earlier and left it to run and noticed after 2 mins that the engine bay was smoking again like it used to. and also noticed shortly after when engine was left to cool and re start that it spraid a stream of water out the back and continued to drip. there is not a smell of colant and the filler bottle is still full. anyone got any ideas of both problems?

MK3 GTI golf 16v
exhausts always let out water, normally evaporates when driving. your car might be making more than normal but i wouldn't be overly fussed by that. you might just be noticing because your looking if you get what i mean

if the engines still smoking i would go back to the garage, if they haven't done something properly then its there duty to fix it mate

clio 1.2 2001 STD
i phoned them up and they put it down to the oil that was already on the exhaust burning off. but it seems to be smoking to much considering i got it fixed as soon as i noticed. i guess i just worry to much :p