ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smelly Heater

Inferno 182 & Saxo
My heater smells a bit like urine when running which obviously isnt very nice. I've had a look at the pollen filter and renewed that, gave it a bit of a toot of febreeze too so it would smell nice when on and cleaned the little condensor/evaporator behind the filter with some spray.
I think I must have some stagnant water or mould growing somewhere but I couldnt see any in the pollen filter housing. Oddly though it doesnt seem to smell anywhere near as bad when I actually switch the AC on. An one else had a similar problem?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
You can get an antibacterial foaming cleaner from Renault that you spray right down into the heater ducts, very good stuff. None of the other stuff I've used has been as good imo.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
thats what makes me think its in the pipe work as the evaporator looks clean. I'll try and see if i can get hold of some of that stuff

172 Ph1
Evaporator is clean ?
You can see the inside of the box the evaporator sits in ?
If you can then you'll see the mould and gunk causing your issues ?

Research Air con bomb . Fantastic bits of kit . Best thing ever for smells and bacteria removal.

Clio RS 172 cup
Lol i thought i had a smelly heater, turned out to be my crusty walking trainers were kicking up a stench when i had the directional turned to footwell/screen demist lol