ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smashed into from behind...almost

Status
Not open for further replies.
  RB Clio 182
Did you have your driving gloves on?
Clio's fault, should be concentrating and leaving enough of a gap for things like emergency stops etc.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
FFS man .. You could put a video of you making a cup of tea and it'd still be world war three in here.

Clio driver was leaving a reasonably sensible gap and by the looks of it, a good job too. Maybe it was lack of concentration, lack of forward planning or shitty tyres and a greasy cold bit of road. Maybe they're still pissed from the night before or maybe they were texting their mum. Who knows.

Highlights leaving sensible distances as a bloody good idea and not much else TBH.

If you'd slowed up earlier/slower (no pun intended) I think they'd have actually hit you as they wouldn't have acknowledged the gap shortening and adjusted their position accordingly for when you actually stopped.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Clio driver was leaving a reasonably sensible gap and by the looks of it, a good job too. Maybe it was lack of concentration, lack of forward planning or shitty tyres and a greasy cold bit of road. Maybe they're still pissed from the night before or maybe they were texting their mum. Who knows.

Gap looked fine to me too. They braked too late so I would assume they weren't concentrating. It could also be the case that Mark's brake lights weren't working but I doubt that.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
TEG nailed it. If mark was going slower the clio wouldn't of reacted as quick or would of been closer to Mark when not concentrating.

Regardless of this, Clio would of been 100% at fault. Also a rear view camera sounds like a good idea now!

Close one, they must have shat a brick when their wheels locked up.

Can't help but feel you're just getting it tight for your previous videos lol.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
It's simple, you must be able to stop in the distance you have in front of you. It doesn't matter what the car in front is doing. You have to be prepared for that. It's called driving.

Keep left arrows, then a solid white line on marks side, a blind brow, then solid white lines on both sides, then junction sign and diversion signs. The brow should have caused the Clio to back off long before the junction. What if there had been a queue of stationary cars.

Mark's driving is irrelevant the Clio driver should have been preparing for potential hazards long before the junction.

Status
Not open for further replies.