ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sm inlet high idle

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
just spent the last few hours fitting the sm/Tessa manifold and the car idles at 3k rpm, I’ve pulled it all apart to check o rings and all seem fine, I’m I forgetting to do something?

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
I heard someone have this before with one out the new batch. He said he disconnected the battery. Reconnect, then started (still idling high) took it for a drive and after afew miles it settled down and never returned, so MAYBE it’s something withing the ecu sorting itself out. Would be good to know if thats the case as i have one to fit soon once iv got a AC delete

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
High idle is usually an air leak isn't it? I'd check all the connections for the acoustic valve, etc.
Acoustic valve, I removed that when I had the standard inlet on. I’ll go carb cleaner route and try that

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Out of interest when the high idle issue is sorted, how does it run un mapped? Dunno wether to just bash mine on and run it un mapped for a month or 2. Some of the guys on the tessa fb page seem to just put them on and run unmapped :nomouth:

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
@Raceface_13 I would not advise running it without being mapped to suit. The fueling will be all over the place, you could drive it gently an keep the revs sensible though as the lambda will allow that, it wont be able to adjust fueling for WOT though that is for sure

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
Ok so the saga continues, I have checked and double check all the connectors for pipes and the pipes them selves, I’ve checked the o rings on both sides of the inlet but have been chatting to people that have it fitted and have had different answers regarding the lower manifold gasket.

Some people say you don’t need it because of the O rings but some say you do,, which is right?

dan's cast offs.
checked the fitting for the servo? sounds like a bit of a botched job after i had a phone call today :wink:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Ok so the saga continues, I have checked and double check all the connectors for pipes and the pipes them selves, I’ve checked the o rings on both sides of the inlet but have been chatting to people that have it fitted and have had different answers regarding the lower manifold gasket.

Some people say you don’t need it because of the O rings but some say you do,, which is right?
If the manifold has o rings on the flange face you don't need a gasket. The o rings create the seal.

Spray some chain lube around the potential leak areas. If the idle drops, then picks up, you've found the area of the leak.