ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sluggish start and a 'pop'

Clio 172 ph2
Hi,
For the first 5 mins or so my car feels sluggish if I don't floor it a little and at the end of every gear change there's a little 'pop', once I've had a chance to open her up a bit the problem has gone and it wont happen again until the next time I drive after a good couple of hours (after a shift or the next day), any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Pete

Clio 172 ph2
Really not sure, only started doing it about two weeks ago, almost feels like it needs to blow something out the exhaust if that makes sense, then there's a pop and it's fine.

D4w5on

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
That sounds the same as whats mine doing. Would like to no what it is because it's doing my head in

Clio 172 ph2
I thought it might have something to do with the exhaust - straight through Powerflow but that's been fitted for a while now, was told it could be plugs also? I just don't want it to be something drastic on the way. In 5th if my revs are around 2500 it feels jittery also until I give it a quick blip.

It might not be the normal cold start issue. But it sounds likely.

My car sounds and drives awful for first minute if I don't leave it idle for a few mins.... it sounds and feels like it has a missfire/spluttery and really doesn't want to accelerate even slightly.
Then its like a switch gets flicked and the car goes from that to sounding and feeling normal.

Had mine serviced recently with a change of plugs and it's still the same.

Clio 172 ph2
What remap would be best? I don't have a huge amount of readies but would like to know the best and cheapest (for want of a better word) mods I can do for some extra fun.

Have a search on here for RSTuner - many threads - it's basically a tuning box you hook up to the ODB and flash the stock ECU - makes it idle better, run smoother and much more mid range torque - will cost around £100 if you buy a second hand box (you need to buy the map and unlock code from the actual site) and then sell on after.

Just noticed you are from Malvern - I'll keep an eye out as I work there, what colour is it? :)

Clio 172 ph2
Yeah I got 'that look' this morning lol. @Addicted, it's Iceberg with black Renaultsport stripes. That sounds like the plan then, cheers for your help