ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slow brake peddle pump at slow speed?

Clio 172 & Kawasaki Z750
Help!

Just before I come to a stop the brake peddle seems to pump up and down very slowly like the ABS is working very slowly and there is occasionally a slight grinding noise.

I have a Clio 172 on a 52 plate. I thought I must have over cooked the discs at "The Ring" a few weeks ago, they were Brembo HC with standard pads. But have now fitted new Brembo HC Max discs and new pads to the front and still have the same issue.

If you roll to a stop with the hand brake slightly on then there's no problem or odd noises.

Is it a problem with the ABS? ABS sensors? Where are the sensors attached to the car? Anyone else had this sort of thing happen?

I'm all out of ideas. Can anyone help please?

172 Race Car
could be a broken abs ring on front drive shaft. seen this on a few other makes of car and have heard about it on here

CLIO 172
Sounds like a cracked ABS ring or faulty / dirty sensor. Mines doing exactly the same, feels horrible doesnt it? Get under your motor and have a look where your drive shaft meets your hub / disc see if you can find anything like the pic ive attached.

Mines cracked on the front passenger side - but check all 4corners!!

I rang the stealers to get a replacement and they couldnt tell me a part number and said I would have to have a whole new drive shaft!!!

I managed to get one off ebay yesterday, which I intend to fit on Friday, so ill let you now how I get on and whether its the right part when it arrives.

Attachments

• DSC00074.JPG
    DSC00074.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 70
  Clio 172 & Kawasaki Z750
Thanks for your help guys, good luck with the ebay part and hope it works out for you. I'll get under the car the next time it drys up and checl out the sensors as best I can.
Cheers
David