ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sloted top hole coilovers - Camber adjust

1.2 Clio
Hi guys,
Anyone here have any tricks for adjusting the camber on a slotted top hole coilover?
Is it a case of measure camber, moan at how off it is, lift car, adjust, let settle/drive, remeasure, readjust etc... Until happy?
Or can you set them once jacked using one of these: http://gunson.co.uk/item.aspx?item=4034
Then if you need to fine tune once down make relative movements using the above tool?

Cup In bits
I plan to do it on a four poster ramp so you can adjust and measure at the same time, much the same as you would with camber adjustment bolts.

I can't see any other way than constant on and off of the wheels or making a gauge after its initial setup via the route above and referencing that measurement each time, not ideal for adjusting but okay for getting back what you had after some maintenance for example.

1.2 Clio
Seems the only way. I'll lift the whole car then and have a play.
Was just wondering if any tricks were out there that I may have missed. If one side is ball park I guess a reference to that amount once lifted can be copied onto the other side.

Audi A5
I was saying in jest, hence the winky face. You could just set to maxi camber then check the angles, I doubt it would be far out tbh.

just worth mentioning, the toe will need adjusting at the same time as the camber.