ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

slight missfire .

iceberg phase 2 172
was cleaning the bay the other day with a spray bottle , something as obviously got wet as when i 1st started it it idle'd very bad , also let off a few pops then cleared itself , ran fine the next day aswell , then it developed a slight flat spot at around 1500k , took the coilpack off to see if any water etc came out and made it slightly better but could just be luck , only does it sometimes now , maybe once a day if that . any ideas what it could be before i start spending money ?

iceberg phase 2 172
Took the leads and plugs out earlier and all were fine , clean and dry, got a coilpack coming this week, anything else it could be apart from the coilpack ?

'06 MK3 Clio 1.4L
Usual suspects for misfire are sparks, ht leads, coils and injectors.

I'm in the process of sorting out a slight misfire on my mk3 clio 1.4 and so far I have changed everything apart from injectors which arrived today lol

iceberg phase 2 172
Lol . i hope the coilpack sorts it when it comes , cheers for the reply mate , hope u sort yours also lol

iceberg phase 2 172
changed the coilpack and its still exactly the same , when 1st started it doesnt do it at all , after 2-3 mins of driving it starts missing , but above 2-3k its fine .. any other suggestions ?

I don't have an RS but im sure that when other brands of spark plugs are fitted it causes a misfire.

I don't know the specific plug but I know it's an NGK PFR... a search should throw it up.

Edit: NGK PFR6E-10

Check to see if you have those if not change them.

iceberg phase 2 172
it shouldnt be that though as it only started doing it since i washed the bay .. thanks for the reply though mate :)

iceberg phase 2 172
sorted :) found a slight tear in 1 of the leads which was causing it to spark which was causing the missfire , all fixed now , thanks for your help guys :)