ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Skyline build...omg

Cup Turbo, Flamer
I've just read that all, awesome, looks fantastic!

Anyone see the actual power output, i couldn't spot it?

VRS
I've just read that all, awesome, looks fantastic!

Anyone see the actual power output, i couldn't spot it?

i think it was just shy of 600, but the guy said its been built for street driving and drivability rather than all out power, supposed to have a mean mid range kick
75% increase in power from when it was stock

found it:

We have settled on final tune 560WHP, which is a 75% increase in power from when the car arrived with Rob. Torque came in at 1486Nm which in turn is a 79% increase over the baseline Rob took when the car arrived.

172, Tiguan
Christ knows what that is at the fly then?!!

Just read all 29 pages. Bloody impressive. 2 slight concerns for me would be the guy hasn't had his car since Nov '06 and they appear to have been using his car for the last few months! I'd like to know when he is getting it back as its still 7 weeks away on the ship!!

VRS
Christ knows what that is at the fly then?!!

Just read all 29 pages. Bloody impressive. 2 slight concerns for me would be the guy hasn't had his car since Nov '06 and they appear to have been using his car for the last few months! I'd like to know when he is getting it back as its still 7 weeks away on the ship!!

and lets hope the pikeys on the ship dont realize whats in the crate lol

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Madness having it shipped over to NZ

Still prefer the crazy R34 Nur Spec that was on pistonheads recently

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i know of a rips rb30 engine rebuilt sat on a pallet in the uk... i have been tempted lol

Qashcow
saw it in real life a few weeks ago. popped in to see Rob at R.I.P.S in new zealand when i was over there, looks so much nicer in real life aswel.

in UK your looking at least £35,000 to get it built to that spec AND quality, he's paying under £20k, thats why you send it around the world to be built lol

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Aye he was saying that if something costs £1 here then its $1 there, difference being £1 buys $2.7!! Cost him £1550 to send over I saw.

But what a build, lovely!

1.2 16v Dynamique
Nice piece of kit, but why de-badge it I would want everyone to know it's a GT-R and not a modded out GT-S....

Qashcow
Nice piece of kit, but why de-badge it I would want everyone to know it's a GT-R and not a modded out GT-S....

there isnt a R34 gts, the GTR and GT-T look massivley different when you see it on the road, is sooo much wider. he also doesnt want it looking like a ghey show car.

i didnt debadge my GTR but mine didnt have 600+ bhp and look like that lol

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Who is the actual owner then? He says a rugby player from England.

[youtube]eta02bSLKik[/youtube]

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Right read the whole thread now in detail.

I'm a little confused here.

This car has been on TV, Cover cars and there is even talk of drag strips, And the owner hasnt even seen the finished article in the flesh.

I'd have a certain degree of pride if I owned that. Although It wasn;t buolt by my own hands, I'd still be proud of it. I would want to be the first person to drive it (properly) Be present at all the mag shoots etc.

I'm confused?

Clio Dynamique
just read the whole thing for the past 2 hours at work :) too pass the time.. and its absolutly AMAZING! that turbo and the cleanliness of the engine bay etc? would love to know how much it cost him!

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
glad he got rid of the carbon covers for the couple of things in the bay they looked crap so much quility work going off there tho.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
What a tool! More money than sence! Surely there's somebody in the UK that sound do the work required!

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Does no one appreciate standard cars any more? I mean the R34 Skyline is a beaut, it looks absolutely stunning standard, and imho meddling with its looks just ruins it. This one just looks like it's unfinished. Meh.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
there prob are people in the uk who could do it...

problem is no car in the uk runs the 3.0 bottom end that he is using, plus he was the guy who started sticking the rb26 or 25 cant remember head on the rb30 bottom end...

its ALOT of work... he could of got the engine made and shipped over... but the shipping costs and import duties cost as much as to send the whole car over!!!

the reason ripz still has it is because alot of the work was HEAVILY discounted by sponsorship... and as he gave such a big discount he is using it for a while...

the rb30 lump is crazy strong and can run 650bhp on stock internals...

Qashcow
no there isnt anyone in the uk who can do it to that spec AND quality as ive already said. Abbeymotorsport or somelike that could build it, but would cost 3 times as much.

as another example, there is also a blue R34 GTR in Robs workshop in NZ from oxford. the guy who sent it over there spent a hell of alot of money to use as a drag car but wasnt giving the right power outputs that it should of been pulling. he gave up with copious UK tuners and sent it to NZ. Rob stuck in on a dyno and after a day of fettling got in from late 700bhp's to mid 900bhp figure. just by mapping it properly.

how do i know it... he nearly bought mine and sent it over instead of the newer R34 he sent ;)