ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky+

PH2 172
Thinking about getting it installed...apparently i need to have it connected to a phone line but that would mean taking all the carpets up. will it still run ok without it connected? my sky digital isnt connected now and as far as i can see the only thing i cant do is pay for PPV things via the red button. will this be the same with sky+? cheers

172 cup
Only need it connected for it to initialise iirc.. mines been uplugged for about 6months now, no bother. i don't bother with the PPV tho.

PH2 172
ahh good stuff, might get it installed then. its just as easy to ring and get the ppv stuff so i dont reli see the point of the phone line!

Recaro Black Gold 182
The only time I use the phone line is if I ever change my package. I don't use PPV and its been out for years, no problems at all.

GW RS200
Thing is, Sky insist on it plugged in as part of the installation. They won't have any of you telling them not to. Although as the guy above said, it's fine to unplug it once they go :D

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
If you're a new subscriber it's part of the contract that you agree to have it plugged into the phone line for 12 months.

The box will "phone home" periodically, if sky don't get these callbacks, they'll send you a letter telling you to reconnect it, if it still isn't reconnect it they'll switch you off until it is,

172 cup
If you're a new subscriber it's part of the contract that you agree to have it plugged into the phone line for 12 months.

The box will "phone home" periodically, if sky don't get these callbacks, they'll send you a letter telling you to reconnect it, if it still isn't reconnect it they'll switch you off until it is,

I guess I'm going to get on of these letters then.. Mine was connected on the day of installation then about a week later the box was moved and no telephone line connected. That was about 6 months ago and I haven't heard anything from them.

Sinclair C5
mine has been disconnected from a phone line for around 14 months, never heard anything from sky and never had a problem. It was connected on installation.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I guess I'm going to get on of these letters then.. Mine was connected on the day of installation then about a week later the box was moved and no telephone line connected. That was about 6 months ago and I haven't heard anything from them.

I wouldn't worry about it, if you get a letter, reconnect it. If you dont, all is good!

In our old hour, BT activated a second line which was running into one of our spare bedrooms, I had massive arguments with them that they hadn't activated the primary master socket...but their policy is to activate the last line that was active.

Still, having a family member who is all powerful within BT gets things sorted rather quickly!

BTW you can also get wireless DECT extenders which seem to work rather well too, bit pricey though.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
mine has been disconnected from a phone line for around 14 months, never heard anything from sky and never had a problem. It was connected on installation.

It only needs to be connected for the first 12 months of your contract if you buy a subsidized box, after that you can disconnect it.

PH2 172
we've had sky digital in for years and years now so i doubt they'd need it to be plugged in for the twelve months. the nearest phone is a fair distance from the tv, but all i'll say is for them to just run it directly to the phone, and bulls**t them sayin my uncles gonna come round, take the carpet up and run it under there for me, but ill just pull the sod out instead, job done