ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sky rocketing insurance!!

CLIO Iceberg 172
What the hell has happened to car insurance!!
for the last 8 years i have always paid under 500 quid or there abouts for all my cars inc my 172
but this year i get me renewal through and they want 800!!
last year i paid 480... now im 25 got 6 years no claims and for some reason instead of it going down its doubled!!

but thats not the only thing that gets me... everywhere i go atm every singel company the lowest i can get it to is 600!!!! WTF!!!!!
and thats with the GF on the policy as without her i cant get it lower than 800!!!
what makes me laugh is alot of companys out there all want well over a grand!!!!

WTF!! why has my insurance gone up 200%
anyone having the same issues?

Lupo GTI
Mine went up this year too.
I asked on the phone when I was renewing why it had gone up and I was told that insurance has gone up between 8-10% across the board.

Still with that in mind it doesn't say why yours is up 200% mate!

Bumder With A Buffer
Out of curiosity have you rung them to see if they can do a better deal??

kinda off topic..With my home insurance this year natwest put it up from £200 to £298.. Sod that I thought so rung around and found it for a lot less (£180 or something). Rung up Natwest to cancel it and the guy said yeah we can do it for £180 for you. No changes to the policy all exactly the same??? :S

WTF why not just send me that price in the first place. Never understand insurance myself.

CLIO Iceberg 172
just got off the phone, managed to get it down 120 quid its still fcuking high!! they guy on the phone said it is all down to the winter weather we had and the resesion pushing the rate of insurance up through the roof.

MR2 Mk1.5
just got off the phone, managed to get it down 120 quid its still fcuking high!! they guy on the phone said it is all down to the winter weather we had and the resesion pushing the rate of insurance up through the roof.

Fraudulent claims, people taking the mick with PI claims, the snow, the recession etc etc.

I insure three cars and my insurance price went up on all three and I work in the industry!

Try shopping around, feel free to give my company a call on 02083645500.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Fraudulent claims, people taking the mick with PI claims, the snow, the recession etc etc.

I insure three cars and my insurance price went up on all three and I work in the industry!

Try shopping around, feel free to give my company a call on 02083645500.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Do you insure Manchester??

I know some companied, Greenlight for instance, wont do.

I am with admiral at the moment, but going to be shopping around in August as their customer service is grim

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I don't feel so bad now my renewal was 10 quid more than last year with 1 years extra no claims. I did have a claim with them last year so I can't really grumble. £860 I have to pay now 26 and 4 years no claims. Had a total loss last year and lost 2 years no claims
: (. Was paying 500 pre accident though.

I got a quote from sky the other day, £820 for me 22 with 4 ync and no older people on the policy, pretty damn good.

MR2 Mk1.5
Do you insure Manchester??

I know some companied, Greenlight for instance, wont do.

Apologies but if it is an 'M' Manchester postcode it is an excluded area for us. If the car is standard (no mods) then we can quote but it is hard to predict whether we will be competitive or not.

1.4 Dynamique
When i questioned why a quote i recieved a month and a half ago at 1800 had increased to 2500 i was told it was linked with quinn going down the pan or something?

GTD, Lupo
When i questioned why a quote i recieved a month and a half ago at 1800 had increased to 2500 i was told it was linked with quinn going down the pan or something?

Yeah i was told its because some have gone bust and most of the other companies are panicking so uping the prices.

As Ollie has said give Skyinsurance a call as they managed to match my last years quote which was better than the £200 more flux wanted.

Paul

Rusty Cup
ive got 11 years no claims and my insurance is still high :( £650 protected with £150 excess no voluntary, insured with the Post office.