ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Cancellation

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I do find it funny that people bang on about Sky saying it's amazing yet nobody seems to be willing to pay the going rate for it.
Its not that we're not willing to pay full price. Rather that Sky are willing to discount it. What does that say about what they think about their product.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
If newbies can get full package for £50 why do loyal customers get shafted at £100+?
Just play the sky game.....

SQ5
I've not got a message yet an cancelled yesterday morning. I only cancelled my entertainment not broadband though?

dk

911 GTS Cab
My Sky fibre broadband 50% discount is coming to an end next month.

Went into my account and there was a kink at the bottom asking me if I was thinking about leaving their BB service. I'm not but I clicked it just to see east it might offer. It asked me a few questions, why, who to etc, and then at the end offered me the same offer as last year again, 12 months 50% discount, so I took it :)

Worth checking if you're a BB customer.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
My Sky fibre broadband 50% discount is coming to an end next month.

Went into my account and there was a kink at the bottom asking me if I was thinking about leaving their BB service. I'm not but I clicked it just to see east it might offer. It asked me a few questions, why, who to etc, and then at the end offered me the same offer as last year again, 12 months 50% discount, so I took it :smile:

Worth checking if you're a BB customer.
That's good advice, I recently checked mine, and got an upgrade from regular BB to Fibre for the equivalent of £2.50 more.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Had a letter through from Sky offering me 60%plus £75 credit to return to them, the missus 50% offer had ran out so I thought it'd be rude not to come back to them again. All sorted within a few minutes on Sky Chat.:grinning:

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Had a letter through from Sky offering me 60%plus £75 credit to return to them, the missus 50% offer had ran out so I thought it'd be rude not to come back to them again. All sorted within a few minutes on Sky Chat.:grinning:
So you actually left sky to get that offer? How long were you without it?

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
So you actually left sky to get that offer? How long were you without it?

I left sky mid 2015 after my first 50% ran out. Got the missus to sign up as a new customer to get the 12m 50% for the following year, that ran out a week or so ago and as sky have been pestering me to comeback since I left I thought it'd be rude not to come back at 60% off.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Just TV fella, we have virgin BB.

Play the cancellation game and see what they've got to offer, if all else fails new customer time :up:

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Just TV fella, we have virgin BB.

Play the cancellation game and see what they've got to offer, if all else fails new customer time :up:

Yeah all these 50% off things people are saying I'm guessing are for TV only. I'm all canceled so see what happens

Listerine & Poledo
Last time around I went to cancel.

Tightwad McJobsworth at the call centre basically made it sound like a 90p discount was all I could ever get
SO I ruined his figures for teh day and declared myself out.

SUDDENLY!
Every other advert on a Sky channel is telling you about amazing discounts if you stay on.
THEN!
Phone calls abound..25%....30%...40% for 10 months
Eventually I took a no-contract, 50% discount for 10 months.

But when I get home there was a letter saying that if I enter a particular code into my box it would have enabled a new 12 months at 50% off with a £50 bill credit.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
What are people paying after discount? I negotiated mine down to £60 month anyway for hd TV (no movies /sport), internet and phone.

SQ5
What are people paying after discount? I negotiated mine down to £60 month anyway for hd TV (no movies /sport), internet and phone.

£64 with Fibre.

All packages except sports, as I have a legacy contract for F1, god knows how I've kept that for three years!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I currently pay £32.50 for HD TV with Boxsets, unlimited broadband and phone line. Im not looking forward to it shooting up next year and no longer being a new customer!

Listerine & Poledo
I currently pay £32.50 for HD TV with Boxsets, unlimited broadband and phone line. Im not looking forward to it shooting up next year and no longer being a new customer!
Just say "BT TV and netflix"
or "VIrgin Media"

or call their bluff and cancel. Seriously, they'd rather take £30.5 per month than nothing at all.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Not sure if I would be classed as a new customer or not, as I've been with Sky before (about 4 years ago) and still have an 'account'. We are moving house and cannot move with Virgin, what would people's advice be to get the best deal? We would be looking at Sky Q for 2 rooms, the fastest fibre internet possible and are not interesting in movies or sports.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
So my direct debit for Sky is due beginning of next week. I assume I'm better wait till the DD has paid, or can I just cancel whenever, as there's a 30-day notice period?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure if I would be classed as a new customer or not, as I've been with Sky before (about 4 years ago) and still have an 'account'. We are moving house and cannot move with Virgin, what would people's advice be to get the best deal? We would be looking at Sky Q for 2 rooms, the fastest fibre internet possible and are not interesting in movies or sports.
Set it up in the wifes name as new customer.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Can anyone get 50% friends and family at all?
I presume this is on tv only. I pay £60 for bt internet. tv all HD.

Fancied a change to BT but it seems silly money. £30 internet. Sports £23. HD sports £6. Normal TV £40 then BT about £22 on top.

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Are you pricing that with added Sky Sports to BT?
That's the prices to have sky and then add BT Sports on.

I pay £63 for BT internet, all channels, BT sport and HD. Currently use dads sky go to watch sky on ipad.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking at sacking BT off as I'm currently paying close to £70pm for BT Fibre unlimited, TV (basic plus sports) and phone. Sport hardly works for us anyway as apparently we don't have good enough internet signal.

Had a letter from sky. Can get the Q box? Basic package and free unlimited fibre for £37. That's using their line rental which I'd have to do for that deal.

Wife's not keen as she reckons people at her work have cancelled and not had any returning offers but looking at this thread it seems fairly easy to come across.

Might just get it and see what it's like once we are back from holiday.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I pay £32 for just the variety pack. I'm going to ring em next week and say cya I think! My mate just signed up for 12 months for sky q with sports and movies for £30

RB Clio 182
We cancelled our sky tv on Thursday after reading this thread, we havnt yet received any discounts or anything, but we have time as the sky doesnt actually switch off until the 20th Nov.