ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Skittish steering

LY R26 #288
I've been having a problem with my steering that seems to be getting progressively worse.

Over rough surfaces the steering gets pulled all Over the place.

So I was stopped earlier on and wiggled the steering wheel from side to side and you can feel a slight knock whilst doing it.

I'm going to have a look at it properly tomorrow. I'm guessing it's a knackered ball joint of some kind?

Anyone else had this problem?

LY R26 #288
I had a quick look today, can't seem to feel any play in the wheels. There maybe a slight fraction of play on the passenger side.

I can't see any movement in the track rod end ball joints. How hard are the actual track rods to change?

Stripped yozza'd cup
I had a quick look today, can't seem to feel any play in the wheels. There maybe a slight fraction of play on the passenger side.

I can't see any movement in the track rod end ball joints. How hard are the actual track rods to change?

Not that hard mate, I'll happily give you a hand if you like.

LY R26 #288
Really? Access looks dia. Thanks for the offer matey, I'll keep that in mind. I'm gonna be under it this weekend doing an oil change so I'll try and have a good old look.