ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Since you all love Static lows.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
On the success of threads such as the one on the Mazda 3, how about and scene classics latest incarnation?

Will's MK3 Cabby... and of course, it's static.

7301622370_ec959e4b3f.jpg

cabbeh-2 by Lewis.Hall, on Flickr

7301622158_658435bd8c.jpg

cabbeh-3 by Lewis.Hall, on Flickr

7301621998_9afca7cf6a.jpg

cabbeh-4 by Lewis.Hall, on Flickr

7301621766_30bfc8717a.jpg

cabbeh-5 by Lewis.Hall, on Flickr

7301621620_bd0c786555.jpg

cabbeh-6 by Lewis.Hall, on Flickr

7301621330_8c03ef7c3e.jpg

cabbeh-7 by Lewis.Hall, on Flickr

Flame suit donned for the second thread of today....

Got a bit of everything that grey one, JDM recaro's + JDM style gear stick. Not my cup o'tea but can appreciate the effort.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
I think static is because it's fixed and not on bags. Looks broken either way to me.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Why do people modify bangers? I understand the scene and like most of the cars etc, but those are just scrap metal cars?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Was that photo taken in 1992? I can see no other reaso why he is wearing a basketball vest and a backwards hat.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
At least in my max power chav charriot days the show cars were done properly, even if not to most peoples taste, the amount of filler etc was at least done in a professional manner.

I See cover cars these days and they wouldnt even get into the mags back in the day, let alone grace the front cover, but its ok, cause its built not bought? WTF. I suppose we are in a recession though!

I love modified cars, even at my age, I Cannot see me having a standard car, and the only thing stopping me going all JDM y0! on my Swindon Built EP3 is money, but I just cant see why people are modifying cars that are s**t to begin with?

Disastra Coupe
The world would be boring if we were all into the same thing... Not really my idea of a cool modded motor, but if he likes it.. :)

Glacier White RS200
Lower than sniffing your sisters knickers, but not to my taste, seats are worth more than car

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL at the comments on here. Love that these opinions are formed on very little knowledge, considering most of you have never gone past 40mm lowering springs.

There's a lot of work and effort involved in getting a car this low, and driving it that way every day. A lot more work than paying a company to slap a bodykit on your car and spray it up. So your "Oh at least in my max power day they made an effort" statement couldn't be further from the truth. I know for a fact myself I've needed a lot of custom fabrication to go low, and im on air ride (Chassis notching, arb removal, engine raised, arche work, parts being modified other than that etc).

Either way, it's a lot of fun dicking around with cars like this as I'm sure a few people here will tell you.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Not really shot down, his opinion is fully valid. It's just a lot of people seem to have an ignorant view on anything that isn't on 40mm lowering springs with tints and some turinis.

Arctic 182, GTD
I love that car! Looks abit of a pup but it suits the look. And love how people slate what hes wearing LOL but that car on a set of Schmidt modernlines or bbs splits would look emmense I think. But tell him to photo shop some turinis on, a tad higher with a Renault F1 sticker and he'll probs get praise ;)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I love that car! Looks abit of a pup but it suits the look. And love how people slate what hes wearing LOL but that car on a set of Schmidt modernlines or bbs splits would look emmense I think. But tell him to photo shop some turinis on, a tad higher with a Renault F1 sticker and he'll probs get praise ;)

Had modernlines about 2 years ago, had Rota grids shortly after that. As I say it's been floating around since about '09 and I've enjoyed following it's build thread.

German V6
Static is cool but not my cup of tea when it's that low , it's all about bags if you want camber lows and to be driveable .

This is a lot better IMO, it's static yes. But still drivable. Looks 'stanced' but can still be driven properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Arctic 182, GTD
Had modernlines about 2 years ago, had Rota grids shortly after that. As I say it's been floating around since about '09 and I've enjoyed following it's build thread.

Does look pretty mental man, dunno if I'd own it but I do really like it if u get me. Can appreciate the work.

Turbos.
Must confess, i like it. Lets be honest though, static isn't some sort of hardcore scene; they just can't afford bags.

I want to know just how bad the scuttle shake and flex is in that thing. I bet it sounds like a one man band banging rattling and creaking its way down the road.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I can afford bags, I have bags. I still have fucked up a lot of the underside of my car driving it stupidly low. Because it's fun.

But, you don't have to have it scraping. That's basically the point of bags no?

The money argument is b****cks, I bet most could afford them seeing as they don't really cost much.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Jason I like it. I don't however like that guys dress sense. Tell him to dress properly ffs!

Car is kinda cool. I'd have enjoyed something like that when I was younger.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I can afford bags, easy. I'd still rather not have them. The fun is in the scrape.

Why is that fun? Not a dig, a genuine question.

That E36 is awesome, I didnt fully understand the suspension comments (although its clear its a proper set up built for that specific car) but that has a 350bhpish E46 M3 Lump, surely thats not the optimal suspension/geometry/tyre set up to make the most out of that epic engine conversion?