ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

simple terms pls ??

182 ff
can someone explain how to save my fooking i phone numbers in simple and easy steps pls ! so that if i lose my phone ill still have these saved somewhere !

mark ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Here.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321814613.021682.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321814613.021682.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 19
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321814628.599519.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1321814628.599519.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 33

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Would someone be stupid to not use iCloud at all and just do a normal back up every now and then?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
It's up to you I guess? Where is a better place to put your data? A billion dollar server farm or your circa £700 computer? Tough choice.

It's up to you I guess? Where is a better place to put your data? A billion dollar server farm or your circa £700 computer? Tough choice.

Both, if one has any sense.

Personally I don't have my iClouds setup for full backup, but it does sync my contacts, reminders and bookmarks.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I guess if it kept all of my devices totally separate and didn't share any date then I'd use that. I've been meaning to read up on iCloud. I know I'm late but I've just not had the time.

Is there a way to just use iCloud as a backup only. I don't want my reminders from my iPhone to remind me on my iPad. Stupid idea.

Bus w**ker
I don't backup to iCloud, only to my PC as I prefer to not depend on another backup solution. Apart from Contacts and Photo Stream I have everything else syncing with iCloud, I still use gmail for my contacts sync.

I guess if it kept all of my devices totally separate and didn't share any date then I'd use that. I've been meaning to read up on iCloud. I know I'm late but I've just not had the time.

Is there a way to just use iCloud as a backup only. I don't want my reminders from my iPhone to remind me on my iPad. Stupid idea.

Just turn off all the individual items in iCloud preferences. Lol at stupid idea. Yeah. Mental.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Just turn off all the individual items in iCloud preferences. Lol at stupid idea. Yeah. Mental.

It is stupid. I can't see why I'd want my pictures form my iPhone on my iPad. As said to sy, if i wanted my iPad and iPhone to be exactly the same i would have just got the iPhone. Most apps aren't iPad compatible anyway. It would be awesome if iCould would complete a total backup on each device without having to share data.

We're all entitled to our own opinion old man.

You have options to customise every aspect of what is kept synced. You think it's a stupid idea that some people might want reminders synced across devices? You don't want that feature, and that's your choice, which you have. Fairly sure your choice doesn't make the other choice a stupid idea.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
You have options to customise every aspect of what is kept synced. You think it's a stupid idea that some people might want reminders synced across devices? You don't want that feature, and that's your choice, which you have. Fairly sure your choice doesn't make the other choice a stupid idea.

Agreed but why should they have a choice whilst i don't. Simple really.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I've just been into iCloud and set it up to back everything up. Up until yesterday I have never used it, I'd rather use the cloud than my laptop to back my valuable data up. If the laptop dies ( which I think it soon will ) I would lose all my data and photos etc.