ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sim City (5)

I'm getting a hard copy tomorrow, has anyone who's already installed a hard copy had any updates to download already? I hate updates with a passion on my 0.2mbps connection :/

I'm getting a hard copy tomorrow, has anyone who's already installed a hard copy had any updates to download already? I hate updates with a passion on my 0.2mbps connection :/

I think the game is about 12gb, so I'd be surprised if it was all on the disc. When buying the digital version the 'install' is about 250mb, then the game launches and immediately starts downloading all the rest.

Just to clarify...is bootcamp different from parallels? That's what I'm using, and I'm getting quite a lot of graphics glitches.

Bootcamp is a proper native install of Windows (hence why it takes a reboot to switch), Parallels is essentially a virtual copy of Windows. As far as I understand it Bootcamp is therefore significantly quicker and more reliable for gaming.

Clio 1.2 16V
Just to clarify...is bootcamp different from parallels? That's what I'm using, and I'm getting quite a lot of graphics glitches.

Bootcamp runs Windows natively so its not being virtualised, should run a lot better.

Apart from the odd sever message its been fine and enjoyed what iv played so far.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Well I finally got into a server (Think it's East 1) a fair while ago, have been building up my new city. Can't claim any others in the region though, seems other people have that problem too.

Stuck loading my city now :/

aaaaaaaaaaand it's thrown me out..

FUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOU EA.

Last edited:
  Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Yep, it's unplayable now, bloody joke considering I'm only really wanting to play it single player.

Clio 1.2 16V
Should run fine on your MBA, similar specs to my MBP 13" can run the game fairly well on med/low settings. Bigger hurdle is trying to get the thing to load lol!

Managed to play for 3hrs this evening on Euro West 3 (I think), so many good things about the game, but as a one player experience it's looking like it might be a huge ask to get anywhere.

You really need cities building up in tandem, as there is no way you can meet the needs of one city within that one self contained city, there simply isn't enough space.

GTD, Lupo
I wish i could play, i just keep getting the message "authenticating with sim servers" and the green play button just never lights up :(

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm about 200,000 i think, but it gets pretty difficult, running out of power, water, space etc

I caved and bought it - not had many problems really.

Anyone made a cliosport region yet?

I will get one up and running today and post details later, I will use one of the 16 city regions and leave it up to people which city they claim, as there doesn't appear to be that many of us with it yet.

My origin id is ukaskew37

I've set up a Cliosport region if anyone wants to join...

Server: Europe West 5
Region: Viridian Woods (16 Cities, 4 Great Works)
Region Name: Cliosport

I'm ukaskew37 on Origin so add me as a friend and I will ping you an invite.

City plots are up to individuals, but only claim one.

M135i
I don't really understand this how server business.

i was on 1 server ( west europe) built my own city then suddenly got chucked out. Reloaded the game up but cnt get into that sever so tried a different 1 ( oceanic) and now I've lost my city and having to go through the tutorial again? Anyone explain in basic terms why this game is a shambles ?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I don't really understand this how server business.

i was on 1 server ( west europe) built my own city then suddenly got chucked out. Reloaded the game up but cnt get into that sever so tried a different 1 ( oceanic) and now I've lost my city and having to go through the tutorial again? Anyone explain in basic terms why this game is a shambles ?

Your city will still be there, but it'll be on that specific server. The cities do not transfer around.

GTD, Lupo
Am i the only one who is not really enjoying this game? I loved the old sim city games but im finding it very frustrating building roads. Is there a way to transform the terrane like there was in the old games?

Maybe i need to give it some more time.

I've set up a Cliosport region if anyone wants to join...

Server: Europe West 5
Region: Viridian Woods (16 Cities, 4 Great Works)
Region Name: Cliosport

I'm ukaskew37 on Origin so add me as a friend and I will ping you an invite.

City plots are up to individuals, but only claim one.

I've had a bunch of requests for this, could people post their Origin IDs here so I know who who is from CS?

Given the server issues it may take a bit of time to get up and running properly.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I've had a bunch of requests for this, could people post their Origin IDs here so I know who who is from CS?

Given the server issues it may take a bit of time to get up and running properly.

I figured mine was easy enough to figure! I may claim my city tonight but won't be able to play til Friday.

Twingo Dynamique
ok looks like i won't be getting this... not a single pc i own will be capable of running it... :L

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I've got the same problem as Jhead, although it sounds like it might be a blessing in disguise.

I know I'm about to sound stupid but as my computers under the minimum requirements will the game just run really badly or not at all? Or would I be able to run it with everything on low? It's not exactly a game that needs amazing graphics so that would not worry me to much if I could run it

Wondering if its worth getting when the prices drop

GTD, Lupo
Ok just gave this another go and im starting to make progress, so far i have 139k people and im selling processors by the ton.

As for pc speed i really wouldnt worry. My PC is ancient and apart from the odd graphic screw up its fine.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the same problem as Jhead, although it sounds like it might be a blessing in disguise.

I know I'm about to sound stupid but as my computers under the minimum requirements will the game just run really badly or not at all? Or would I be able to run it with everything on low? It's not exactly a game that needs amazing graphics so that would not worry me to much if I could run it

Wondering if its worth getting when the prices drop

Depends on the spec of your machine tbh, and how low it is below the minimum requirements.

Doesn't seem to be THAT graphics intensive, even my GTX670 seems overkill.

If my experience on another forum is anything to go by it's not worth us attempting a region yet, the chances of us all having access to the same server are almost non existent considering it prioritises people who already have a city on each server...

fullservers2.png