ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silver cup: Coilovers, AST ginger mounts + Speedline content

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Finally got everything fitted, coilovers and arch/brackets still need some adjustments as it's catching all of the time.....

Anyway, new things this weekend:

Speedline 2110's painted satin black with new Eagle F1's
FK Konigsports with AST Ginger top mounts
Rs Tuner Remap

049-4.jpg

048-3.jpg

051-4.jpg

052-4.jpg

054-3.jpg

055-4.jpg

057-3.jpg

062-3.jpg

067-3.jpg

070-2.jpg

071-2.jpg

Also got my K-tec uprated mounts back from the trophy and found a replacement airbox for my damaged ph1 item

073-2.jpg

Evo 8 MR
Love silver cups.

That looks really low especially on the front.

Have you still got the adjusters on the rear too?

Last edited:

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Love silver cups.

That looks really low especially on the front.

Have you still got the adjusters on the rear too?

No adjusters in the rear, the front has another 60mm to go lol, I've had to raise it already its mental

Wheels are sexual.

Need black centres though.

Oh, & raise the sodding coilovers 20mm lol ... ;)

I've already raised them 17mm to try and stop it scrubbing and catching, I also dialled in around 2 degrees negative camber ;)

I can't believe how low it is, I set the ride height before they went on right slap bang in the middle of the coilover, usually I would have it pretty much at the bottom of the threads but thought I'd keep this one drivable, put them on and it was rediculous, its the AST top mounts that make it so low, I've raised it and this is the height its staying, atleast the shocks can operate properly

Evo 8 MR
No adjusters in the rear, the front has another 60mm to go lol, I've had to raise it already its mental

The Konigsports do have a lot of adjustment in them, it's scary how low you can go on the front, I take it you've just got the standard rubbers instead of the adjusters on the rear? I'm thinking of removing mine.

Also, howcome you've rotated the headlight washer covers like that? Has the bumper had paint?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
The Konigsports do have a lot of adjustment in them, it's scary how low you can go on the front, I take it you've just got the standard rubbers instead of the adjusters on the rear? I'm thinking of removing mine.

Also, howcome you've rotated the headlight washer covers like that? Has the bumper had paint?
Bumper is standard paint mate, I'm guessing the bumper has been off when the cambelt was done and they may have taken the blanks out by mistake, its on my list of things to do though, probably tomorrow when I sort out the brackets

I blame the AST top mounts as they drop it quite a lot, This is my 3rd set of coilovers on a clio and they're by far the best, I love them

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Car looks good but the wonky washer blanks just keep grabbing my attention.

Evo 8 MR
Bumper is standard paint mate, I'm guessing the bumper has been off when the cambelt was done and they may have taken the blanks out by mistake, its on my list of things to do though, probably tomorrow when I sort out the brackets

I blame the AST top mounts as they drop it quite a lot, This is my 3rd set of coilovers on a clio and they're by far the best, I love them

What do you mean, "sort out the brackets"? Do you mean "give them a smack"? lol.

What other coilovers have you had?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
What do you mean, "sort out the brackets"? Do you mean "give them a smack"? lol.

What other coilovers have you had?

2 x vmaxx, gaz 'cough' and these, I've also had the trophy though so I've got the sachs to compare to once these are properly set up

I have some adjusting tools, Grinder, hammer, big screwdriver, grinder, grinder,grinder

172 Cup
LOVE the wheels ive allways said these look mint ever since keith from revolution put them on his monaco 172...they look better than 2118's imo. Some nice mods there mate, its coming along well ;)

Last edited:
looks good dude, completely unrelated to what you've recently done but this is about the only tasteful mod i've seen on 172's! they're either usually stealth (boring) or have stupid exhausts hanging below the bumper, kudos for actually designing it like the 182 exit!
how low have you gone & how much are them coilovers?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
The coilovers aren't actually set that low but with the ast top mounts I'd say if you were to drop a car with standard top mounts it's about 70/80 front, 65 rear

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
looks ace! Love the wheels, but please twist round the 'downs' washer blanks!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
It's probably the pictures but wheels look too dark and coilovers look too low
They're black mate didnt think you could get any darker? ;) tbh my camera skillz are crap, need someone who knows what they're doing to grab a few for me

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Needs pink bits.

Looks awesome fella, you really don't hang about Chris!