ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sigma 10-20. Just how good is this lens?

Oil Burner
Buy it used, try it, if you don't like it sell it for what you bought it for. Then you will have first hand experience with it and can speak from experience.

Never used it myself, hear its pretty good, typically variable Sigma QC, some suffer soft corners and small amount of CA. But they are so cheap i don't think you can grumble.

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
I had one, was very good value for money.

Infact id still have one if I wasnt on the 1d.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Bloomin' brilliant..

I've got the mk1 - the newer one has a lower F stop.

For car photos, I think it's great:

4739872088_c6924a684b_z.jpg

It also gives an awesome perspective on other random stuff too:

3478271228_6be43e07db_z.jpg

Do a group search on Flickr for 10-20mm :cool:

Rally bus
Very good lens, I've used for landscapes and motorsport, also good for weird portrait shoots.

ls44.jpg

02' PH1 172
had one on my 400d and it was amazing.Really good lens. Sold mine for 300 as I upgraded to a 5d. Have a look on flickr, loads of examples on there.

top of the pyramid
is a realy good lens just dont over do using it a 10mm all the time or it becomes abit of a gimmick the way it distorts

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
[.url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/51065334@N04/4890479976/][.img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4134/4890479976_f6bbc7c02c.jpg[/img][/url]
[.url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/51065334@N04/4890479976/]Sigma 10-20mm Example by Stickars, on Flickr[/url]

Are you using some sort of software to auto create that code?

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
No, its built in to FlickR buddy.

When you click share, you can select BBCode. Just copy and paste it in.

Oil Burner
The 12-24 is a different lens. I believe its famous for having lots of soft copies.

The Canon 10-22 is very expensive compared to the Sigma 10-20. The Canon is better, but double the price nearly.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
^^ if that comparison is real, and true. Im very surprised. I will try and dig out a crop of one of my full res shots, its nothing like the above!!

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
Don't see why not mate, it will work well with any camera. Just depends what you do with it!!

Wont work well with any camera im afraid.

Its basically the same as the EF-s system, designed for AP-C sensors, so is not alot of use on the 5d/1d and their varients.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
just bought it today so should be delivered by the end of the week and as the previous comment said, will sell it on if I dont like it :)

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
that is with the sigma 12-24 though, not the 10-20 and the canon is at least double the price!

Got the sigma today and it is amazing. only had a dew mins to play with it but love it already