ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Side Skirts Stolen

So yea, came home from my weekend away to find that some scrotum has stolen my side skirts. If anyone in the SW comes across some Black Gold side skirts for sale cheap then let me know.

I'm reporting it to the police but I'm most worried about them coming back for my Recaros... taking the car into a mechanics tomorrow to get them to stick a couple of tac welds on so the bolts can't be undone.

What a waste of carbon and oxygen these people are!! Car was perfect before this :( :(

Clio sport 182
the thing that gets me is the clio sport kind of thing seems like a tight nitted kinda group.... all the people ive randomly spoken to who has a clio say htye have been on here.... so you think some people would be a little more reluctant thinking hmmmmm i wouldnt want that doing to me......
i know there is some people who have non sports who want a sport an that but come on!!! get a job or something an pay for your own!!

im sick of finding s**t thrown over my car too, 3 times ive come out to my car in a morning and had white powder stuff thrown over it or some sticky s**t sprayed all up the side! oh and nails around my tyres!!

w*****s :)

Clio sport 182
also you would of thought it would take a bit of time to take em off, not exactly something you can whip off, id ask if any one around saw anything??
its gotta look suspicious some one walking up and spendin five minutes along side the car then walkin away with them in hand

I live in Bristol which is full of curtain twitchers and neighbourhood watch people! So someone must have seen something...

The only Mrs I've been porking is mine!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio sport 182
he may of meant me lol...
ya know i actually live in quite a nice area for wakefield.... lol and same as you alex, all curtain twitchers and so on, but i think its jelousy.......( odd chavs come up the street now and again in a banged up diesel clio)
youve got me thinkin now.......could also be a guy down the road who i did his cambelt and water pump for, he didnt pay me for 2 months so i charged him a storage charge (which is reasonable).... just glad it hasnt been paint stripper or break fluid

Yea I see that now.

Pretty sure there's a massive nail in my tyres too.

Have reported it to the police, not that anything will come of that, and moved it to a location where it's covered by some nearby CCTV.

Now just have to fork out to get some new ones :/

Clio sport 182
Whats ur insurance cover?? Could you pay a small excess.....

Good move with police and cctv, that will also help if you do decide to claim.

My excess is £500 so it's fairly pointless claiming.

Looking at it new items at £180 each from Renault, so I'm just gonna have to wait till a BG Cliosport is broken by someone on here and buy the ones off that

Thanks mate, will send him a message and see what he comes back with.

Not sure what to do when I get some replacements to prevent this from happening again. Round off the screw heads?!

Flame 172 (Ph2)
Alot of this 'parts pinching' is happening in Bristol, during my time on the S2000 forum, no less than four face-lifted S2000's had their front and rear bumpers stolen, all within Bristol.

Makes you wonder if there is a wider operation going on.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I must live in a little bubble!

Sideskirts? Really? Jesus H. Unreal!

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
BMW E46 Sport front bumpers are always going missing - two bolts and they are off.

an easy £350 on e-bay....scum.