ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Side airbag deploying for no reason!

Arctic FF 182
Yeah so I crapped my pants yesterday, as I was driving along going through a left hander (at a fairly brisk rate) the side airbag on the drivers side decides to go off!
Anyone know how much this will cost to repair, the seat belt pre-tensioner has gone off aswell, or am I just as well getting a new seat?
The car's an 04 reg so out of warranty so I guess Renault will tell me to get stuffed if I try and force the bill on them...
Also anyone have any clues as to why this might have happened? I'm not sure where the sensors are for the side airbags?
Any help is much appreciated!

Skoda
Get renault to sort it for free.... If they won't a quick email to BBC watchdog...clio airbags going off for no reason should look good for the rep on TV:dapprove:

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
I would be straight onto RUK, espicially on 04 plate, thats not on atall.

Da

Less
This has been done before look here their airbag deployed for no apparent reason and eventually Renault repaired it all FOC I believe!

tiTTy & SV650
Yes it happened to Big Iain (banned so don't PM him lol) on a ph2 172 which was out of warranty and RUK intervened and it was all sorted FOC, new seats, seat belts, airbag, pre tensioners etc.

If your cars lowered they'll blame that so return it to standard ride height before trying to claim!

Arctic FF 182
Car's still on standard suspension, only thing thing is it doesn't have full Renault service history, which I can imagine will be the first thing they try and use against me...

tiTTy & SV650
thats not an issue at all and nothing to do with them, so long as serviced to manufacturers recommendations by VAT registered garages warranty would stand so should apply to this too.

Renault pride themselves on vehicle safety (bonnet catches aside) so its in their interest to keep this sort of thing quiet and resolve it for you.