ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sick of insurance quotes

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
i just drove round in s**t cars for a few years to build my ncb

fiat pandas, unos and 126' are not great cars, but ive got much cheaper insurance now ;)

Boring repeat thread :rasp: Just do what everyone else does:

* Drive a crap car for a while
* Wait till you're older

Yes, insurance is a shame, but what makes you think you deserve to be able to insure a decent car when solid statistics show that we're a high risk? Unfortunately insurance quotations aren't detailed enough to judge whether you're sensible or whether you're going to be a t**t on the roads so the majority will always be paying for the mistakes of the minority. And then there is the price inflation caused by wider issues that affect the insurance industry such as fronting and the massive surge in no-win-no-fee personal injury etc

Of course it'd be nice if you could have what you want, but driving is expensive and if you can't afford it then tough. Driving is an expensive luxery not a human right...

Jap Box
Why bother with a 1.4 over a 1.2, power difference is nothing but insurance will be higher.

I started off with a 1.2, flipped it. Bought another, 1st year insurance was £1800 fully comp (cheaper than 3rd party)

This year im paying £800 with 0ncb, added a girl on as a named driver to lower the price abit.

1.2's can be nippy if you rev them high enough, 3rd gear above changes will be at about 5k revs and it picks up speed nicely. Mine easily keeps up with my mates 1.4 civic and my other mates DCI65 :)

BMW E34 540i
I was very happy to see my renewal going only 120 quid more than the year before. 1020 pounds for 2 years ncb on RS200 not bad I think

just get a 1.2.. had 1 as my 1st car and loved it handled like a dream so where it lacked in speed it made up 4 in the corners on a good old back lane blast