ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sick of insurance quotes

I would love to know how insurance companies expect 18yr olds to pay 1.6k+ for car insurance on cars like a 1.4 clio. Absolute sick!

Rant over.

Titanium 182
It is too high though, all the uk's insurance is too expensive. It's like £150 in France for pretty much anything

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
The main problem is that for those who are legal, it costs a bloody fortune, whereas Joe Bloggs who is on dole and drives uninsured and gets caught will pay £10 a month or something for a few hundred quid fine and gets 6 points on his license (if he has one)...then will carry on doing the same thing as its cheaper to pay a tenner a month than £100+ a month for insurance!

182FF
Its not, keeps divs off the road. end.
i paid 2k to insure a 1.2 and a lad crashed into me and wrote it off! :-@

i hope the e-petition to look at making car insurance cheaper in the uk gets some publicity and changes the insurers robbing ways!
I know it keeps idiots off the road but they will just drive un-insured if they dont want to pay the stupid prices

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I personally couldn't care now, being an old git.

It's always been LOADS of wonga for under 21s anyway, just do insurance fronting.

i dont own a clio yet, im just shopping for quotes to see if i could get one. i have tried a 1.2 clio and though it lacked something. But i know you will say you are young wait till older to get something quicker etc

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I had a 1.2 as a hire car, loved it! Hence why i've had a 172 and 182 since.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
It's you're first car mate. If you jumped into a 1*2 at 17 you'd kill yourself, or someone else. I'll be keeping my 1.2 until I'm at least 19

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
why does it bother you how much more fun a 1.4 is compared to a 1.2? by fun you mean drive it like a loon and crash it which completley validates the point that your insurance is a fortune.

a car is a car, be greatfull you can consider having one and driving one wether its a 1.2 or a 1*2 it will teach you lessons about driving properly.

i had to drive a s**tbox 1.2 corsa about for the first year of my driving life paying about £1k for insurance when the car cost me £400... guess what... i crashed it.

think what you want about insurance prices but theyre high for a reason. me, many other young drivers and no doubt a high chance of you in the future are responsible

basically im just going to have to bite the bullet wit insurance cost. and by having a fun car i mean a one i enjoy driving. I dont drive fast i just like having a car that is enjoyable. I considered a 1.4 as i drive to college and i drive my mam's 1 litre yaris and it is so bad for motorway driving[which most of my drive to college is]. I understand why car insurance is so expensive i just dislike the thought of paying all that money for something you dont actually well see.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
1.2 = exactly the same as a 1.4 but with a smaller engine, lower tax, better mpg(to a point) and cheaper insurance

Last edited:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
basically im just going to have to bite the bullet wit insurance cost. and by having a fun car i mean a one i enjoy driving. I dont drive fast i just like having a car that is enjoyable. I considered a 1.4 as i drive to college and i drive my mam's 1 litre yaris and it is so bad for motorway driving[which most of my drive to college is]. I understand why car insurance is so expensive i just dislike the thought of paying all that money for something you dont actually well see.

needs must mate :(

its rediculous but hopefully something will be done about it soon.

not that it bothers me anymore because im getting older lol

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
i drove a 1.2 for 2 years, great fun cars especially with coilovers on! i now have a 172 and am 19 and it was definetly worth the wait just to gain some experience and get rid of that "i have just passed my test and i am now micheal schumacher" feeling you get, i would definetly buy a 1.2 clio if i was to start again, they are just really good cars for the money. my first year cost me £1500 then £1200 my third year cost £800 but i swapped to my 172 part way through and my mum also wrote her car off which cost me more money but saved more than it lost. Anyway why would you buy a slightly quicker slow car what the logic in that you either get a 1.2 or a 2.0 end of.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Clios are so expensive for insurance, even the poverty spec models. Do some homework on the grouping. They're all 6+ in old money. F**k knows what they are in the new ratings.

And for what it's worth, I paid £700 for 6 MONTHS insurance when I was 17, on a 1.0 1986 Micra, in 2001. I think I was on ~£3.10 an hour, one day a week in a shop.

It's not like you yoofs have it much worse these days anyway.

:rasp:

Not a 320d
I personally couldn't care now, being an old git.

It's always been LOADS of wonga for under 21s anyway, just do insurance fronting.

This.

I fronted for about 2 years. Was the best thing i ever did, Saved me mega bucks. And then they gave me NCD at the end of it.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Isnurance fro me fronting was £300, on my own was £1500

Titanium 182
I didn't front and didn't crash (well didn't have a claim) and it cost loads :( got 4yncb now though. Still pay £1000 for 182 at nearly 22 years old <_<

Lol at some of these prices y0.

At 17 the day I passed my test I was payin £537 a year on a Golf GT TDI.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOPM4Stdo41aifYpU_AfF1ccAg8fThV2BLIQ2fKyDb0CJBOB2ARQ.png

Well my plan of action seems to be get 1.2 get my ncb up then save up for a 172 maybe. I'm getting funding for first car so will only have to worry about the insurance. Also I will be able to afford a 172 before I can insure it so might get it as I have space to keep off round. I.e workshop

Clio 1.2
i'd love to get a price like that im paying over £2000 for a 1.2 witch i need to get rid of next month because i really doubt i'll be able to afford my insurance >.<

Megane GT
Well youre all complaining but I pay £2500 a year for insurance on a 1.2 :dapprove: and yet Ive been insured on a 2l A4 TDI and a BMW 520d for free . . . sucks tits but ive just accepted it now really it is just one of those things that everyone has to go through if you want a NCB!

In my case, ncb meant f**k all, 21 done nothing either. But as soon as I had my license 4 years quotes got silly cheap.