ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sick is not the Word....

BG 182
To how i feel right now. Just got my clio sorted last week to immaculate condition. Had full major service, cam belt, aux belt, 4 new Eagle F1s. Went to work today and had to park on a public car park in Blackpool town centre as my brother was using my parking spot. Got home from work today at 4:30 and thought id go and give her a clean and a wax. Went round the back to open the boot and almost fainted....some complete F*****G W****R had hit my car and kindly done a sharp exit without a note on the window or F**K all.

Some pics of the damage:

They pushed it forward into the kerb i was parked just inches away from and sraped all the bottom of the front bumper and totally carved up the back bumper. There about a 10 mill gap between the offside tail light and the bumper compared to the other side. Im gonna puke....

Last edited:
  Integra Type-R DC2
s**t. Always some b*****d who'll do something like that and never have the balls to say sorry. Gutted for you mate.

www.renparts.co.uk
least its not scraped the quarter as well.... just got to look at it like it could be much worse... plus silver is forgiving when painted.... just get it to a good bodyshop and get that bumper painted..... really sorry though buddy... people can be so inconsiderate.

Hyundai i40
ouch but just think it cud be worst.

i scraped a wall a few mths back similar to you marks on the back and it was only £100

is there any cctv where you left it? i bet ur cursing ur bro for robbing ur space

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
the word bumper should be changed. theres far too many people out there that think it means your allowed to bump into them.

BG 182
I dont think the pics are really showing how bad it is. There pretty Bad gouges and the rear bumper is deffo hanging lower where its been hit. Insurance want £300 excess to fix it. Ive never claimed on any policy before and have full no claims with protection. Just dont know what to do right now...

BG 182
Has anybody got ANY idea if this is going to cost more than £300 to sort out, or is it just worth paying the £300 excess and getting it done through the insurance comany???????

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
noooo just look out on ebay there are always bumpers on there...... infact there are two racing blue ones get them resprayed. Not worth losing no claims imo

Monaco Blue Mk2
That's shite that lad. Feel sorry for you. I wouldn't go through the insurance if I was you. You'll probably be able to get it sorted for £300, maybe a bit more maybe a bit less. As said, it's just not worth the hassle and loosing your no claims going through the insurance.

Mini Cooper S sport
Arghhh what an absolute shitter, people are such unbelieveable w*****s. Same thing happened to me when I used to park on-street - my bumper was scraped down to the black plastic underneath by people who couldn't be arsed to reverse again, they just forced their way out of the space.

I know exactly how you feel, they are b******s :(

320d
As i have said many times before this is my biggest fear for my car at work, just gota hope it doesnt happen, sorry to hear its happened to you mate i dont blame you for being sick, some people are cowards aswell not leaving details, wudnt claim on your policy though mate

M

mini-valver

noooo just look out on ebay there are always bumpers on there...... infact there are two racing blue ones get them resprayed. Not worth losing no claims imo

It's a 172 dude.....:rasp:

Chin up fella, just get it sorted and forget about it. Lifes too short to worry about things like that, as annoying as they are....

BG 182
Chips away and get a front splitter next time eh?

f**k all you can do mate, sorry to hear about it tho. I'd go nuts if that had happened to me!!!

Maybe this person done it? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AXLzyiI7CE

Mate thats the first thing thats made me laugh since yesterday...had to be a woman.:)

Its not the end of the world just feels like it at the time, especially when youve just poured so much money into the car to get it perfect.

I went back to the car park last night and theres a fixed camera facing my car just 10 metres away so we'll see if i can get a Reg Plate of who did it??

If not, I DEFFO want my £3 back for parking on there....what do you think?:)

My trusty lil 182 :)
Good luck mate. Hope the car park are helpful, others seem to have had probs getting evidence that way.

Saw a woman do this in a car park the other day and drive off so took a picture and left a note on the car she hit. :)

s**t sorry to hear that! i work on a retail park and that is my biggest fear as my car is parked in a massive car park everyday! keep your eye out on ebay or try www.findapart.co.uk i used them when i needed to replace my door and bumper on the saxo they may be able to find you one in the same colour too save you gettin it sprayed

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
If you are going to take it to a proper bodyshop I think it'll cost a lot more than £300.

I just had my back bumper resprayed after a similar incident. It cost me £380 (I was originally quoted £450), that included a plastic inner arch though. I took it to another place and was told that £400 was cheap.

I'm guessing that you'll probably pay 550 minimum for both bumpers. That's if you want it perfect again....