ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show Your Home Theater

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Bought this tonight, very very please - my first intro NAIM.
emunehar.jpg

LY 182 FF CUPPED
I pad £500 and is paired with Wharfedale Pacific Pi10, MacBook Air into dacmagic @ 192khz
Symphony 900 speaker cable, Van Den Hul interconnects + coax

Titanium 182
Mine

Nothing special in terms of equipment

Sony AV Receiver STR-KS100
Sky +HD
Super slim Ps3
Samsung 51" Plasma

Still a work in progress .. just need to hide the wires

IMG_20130925_143825_zpsde111a40.jpg

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
Crap pic, just finished chasing all the cables into the walls using brush plates at either end. Painting next then a nice oak unit to house the SKY+HD and PS3. Have a samsung sound bar and wireless sub aswell. Pretty basic but i prefer the clean simple look. Too many speakers ruins a room.

null_zps7d18044a.jpg

null_zpsbdb9d45b.jpg

2014 Focus Titanium
Crap pic, just finished chasing all the cables into the walls using brush plates at either end. Painting next then a nice oak unit to house the SKY+HD and PS3. Have a samsung sound bar and wireless sub aswell. Pretty basic but i prefer the clean simple look. Too many speakers ruins a room.

Lovely looking room mate! I really wish you'd have gone symmetrical with the TV though, looks odd to me set to one side :(

SQ5

Did you not think about ceiling speakers? Could of had a nice 5.1 or 5.0 setup and cheaper than a mid/high end sound bar and the sound would of been superior.

DB.

BMW 440i
What size is that TV jon? Looks quite small, but I know mine looks quite small in pics despite being a 55". Pics are quite deceiving!

I'd also agree it should be more central, but would require you moving plugs by the looks of it.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
What size is that TV jon? Looks quite small, but I know mine looks quite small in pics despite being a 55". Pics are quite deceiving!

I'd also agree it should be more central, but would require you moving plugs by the looks of it.

When in the room it makes sense why the tv is there it looks good. The sockets where placed in that position so I stuck with the positioning. The tv is 42 but as in pictures it looks a lot smaller than it does in person

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
Did you not think about ceiling speakers? Could of had a nice 5.1 or 5.0 setup and cheaper than a mid/high end sound bar and the sound would of been superior.

Would have loved ceiling speakers but due to this being my first house I have to Curb my spending here and there and make do to get other things done. But in the future ceiling speakers could be a good idea although.

SQ5
Would have loved ceiling speakers but due to this being my first house I have to Curb my spending here and there and make do to get other things done. But in the future ceiling speakers could be a good idea although.

Fair enough. I'm wiring for mine once I move in, and then installing as and when. Luckily we have an account with B&W so I get a small discount!

After seeing some in here and the work I do I'm proper excited to do something that's my own. Cannot wait to update this thread!

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Fair enough. I'm wiring for mine once I move in, and then installing as and when. Luckily we have an account with B&W so I get a small discount!

After seeing some in here and the work I do I'm proper excited to do something that's my own. Cannot wait to update this thread!

Danny what you mention is interesting as I'm currently planning/deciding on a in wall and ceiling install. I'm used to a fairly mid to high end style surround setups (b&w mt60 and focal domes etc) but really fancy something even more hidden and possibly full range.
ive been meaning to have a chat with you since you've been posting up your install. Would you mind! ;)

Thanks mate
chris

SQ5
Danny what you mention is interesting as I'm currently planning/deciding on a in wall and ceiling install. I'm used to a fairly mid to high end style surround setups (b&w mt60 and focal domes etc) but really fancy something even more hidden and possibly full range.
ive been meaning to have a chat with you since you've been posting up your install. Would you mind! ;)

Thanks mate
chris

I haven't started posting my install yet! Still waiting to exchange. The other thread is all work for customers :)

If you would like any B&W bits let me know. Everything is price locked unfortunately but better off getting it from me ;) haha!

PM me what your looking for, and how much you would like me to spec. I'm in the office all day tomorrow so can get some pricing over to you!

Mini JCW
Carpet went in today, so started getting the speakers set up at last!

1184917_10151672041937006_1026020379_n.jpg

Got John Lewis to price match me a Panasonic 50VT65 today but they're out of stock for the forseeable future so that's a no go :(, tempted to get a price match on a 55VT65 tomorrow.

Speakers are currently paired with an Arcam AVR280 but will be eventually paired with a Pioneer SCLX56 or Onkyo 818 amp.

One question, the center speaker will actually intrude on the TV screen due to the height, is it ok to put it in the left hand cabinet (which i'll be sitting directly in front of) and having Audessy correct for this when the receiver's set up? I'll be pointing it up towards the listening area ever so slightly.

SQ5
Carpet went in today, so started getting the speakers set up at last!

1184917_10151672041937006_1026020379_n.jpg

Got John Lewis to price match me a Panasonic 50VT65 today but they're out of stock for the forseeable future so that's a no go :(, tempted to get a price match on a 55VT65 tomorrow.

Speakers are currently paired with an Arcam AVR280 but will be eventually paired with a Pioneer SCLX56 or Onkyo 818 amp.

Pioneer is a brilliant Receiver.

Mini JCW
Perfect height, as long as TV is wall mounted as it'll foul the bottom!!

That's the issue, the TV is sitting on the stand (not touching the wall as the whole room has recently been reskimmed!)

So thinking the center speaker will have to go in the cabinet (and obviously have the door open during films), but as it won't be dead centre but slightly off, hoping that the Audessy system will correct / compensate for this? Thoughts?

SQ5
That's the issue, the TV is sitting on the stand (not touching the wall as the whole room has recently been reskimmed!)

So thinking the center speaker will have to go in the cabinet (and obviously have the door open during films), but as it won't be dead centre but slightly off, hoping that the Audessy system will correct / compensate for this? Thoughts?

You could get a wooden box, same finish as cabinet, that's the size of the TV stand base. Then the speaker would sit directly below?

I usually use Audessy microphone and end up tweaking anyway!

Mini JCW
You could get a wooden box, same finish as cabinet, that's the size of the TV stand base. Then the speaker would sit directly below?

I usually use Audessy microphone and end up tweaking anyway!

Decided i'm gonna buy another cabinet (it's an IKEA Besta modular unit) for the speaker to sit within.

Tomorrow starts the VT65 hunt. Lol.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
I haven't started posting my install yet! Still waiting to exchange. The other thread is all work for customers :)

If you would like any B&W bits let me know. Everything is price locked unfortunately but better off getting it from me ;) haha!

PM me what your looking for, and how much you would like me to spec. I'm in the office all day tomorrow so can get some pricing over to you!

Yeah sorry and that's what I mean!
Im looking for advise generally on in wall/ in ceiling speakers. Will PM you

SQ5
We've had ours coming up to four! Sale is taking forever with the house!

And got the 47" Panasonic sitting by it, in its box and I really want to play with it!

SQ5
Probably going to get slammed for this but anyone used a sonos playbar?

We're still waiting to get hold of one. We've been selling Sonos now basically from the beginning in around 2005/2006 and they won't let us have a demo one! I think we will buy one at some point soon as its a brilliant extra for bedrooms without Sonos already.

Sonos have gotten to big for themselves I feel. Now they're into the realms of how they are in the states the CI's in the UK are missing out as Curry's get everything!

At Christmas they were selling a bundle of a Play:5 & ZoneBridge cheaper than we could buy a Play:5 direct from Sonos!

Lancia Integrale
What are people's thoughts on soundbars? My girlfriends hates the big floor speakers and big surround sound systems may be lost in our small room.. Looking for something to be used as tv sound and DVD/gaming- really like the the idea of the sonos-with all the music/radio stations

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
What are people's thoughts on soundbars? My girlfriends hates the big floor speakers and big surround sound systems may be lost in our small room.. Looking for something to be used as tv sound and DVD/gaming- really like the the idea of the sonos-with all the music/radio stations

my samsung one does the job perfectly, its never going to be as good as 5.1 but it is still quite impressive. It also has bluetooth so you can hook your phone or ipad and play music wirelessly through it, also mine has a wireless sub which is good for hiding it away.

Mini JCW
Richer sounds pricematched the 50" VT65 for me @ £1469 delivered :approve:

Also, now have a space for the center speaker :

20131009_095404_zps5cec7529.jpg

Just need to sort an amp now to replace the Arcam 280!

2014 Focus Titanium
Gex, I think personally I'd prefer those speakers covered, what do they look like with the grills on?

P.S. Great setup, bet it sounds great! How much was that cabinet and where from?

Last edited:
  Mini JCW
Gex, I think personally I'd prefer those speakers covered, what do they look like with the grills on?

P.S. Great setup, bet it sounds great! How much was that cabinet and where from?

I'll grab a photo tomorrow of them with the grills on.

It's a trusty old IKEA cabinet, from the Besta range. It's cost, in total, around £170.

2014 Focus Titanium
I'll grab a photo tomorrow of them with the grills on.

It's a trusty old IKEA cabinet, from the Besta range. It's cost, in total, around £170.

Looks a good cabinet for the money! Might have to invest in something like that soon I'm running out of space with mine :(

I'm looking at some IKEA stuff at the moment.
Does anyone have anything in the black brown colour? Not sure how brown it is really as I haven't seen any in the flesh. They do some nice stuff but I want it in black.

SQ5
Does anyone have anything in the black brown colour? Not sure how brown it is really as I haven't seen any in the flesh. They do some nice stuff but I want it in black.

It's very dark, I wanted something dark but hot black so its perfect. Unfortunately it's still all flat packed otherwise if grab a photo!

Mini JCW
Looks a good cabinet for the money! Might have to invest in something like that soon I'm running out of space with mine :(

Here you go, with speaker grills on (apologies about the quality, the LED downlighters are very 'directional) :

20131011_180513_LLS_zpsd8a5454a.jpg

The actual carcass of the cabinet above is the dark brown, verging on black finish you mention. The doors are available in either gloss black (the drawer on mine), or the gloss bamboo finish (grey brown with thin black horizontal stripes).

Struggling to find a receiver to replace the 280 right now, and have decided I want an integrated power amp to connect to the preout for stereo playback only.

On the plus side, the new TV will be here on Monday :)