ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show us you're after market CD players...!

Seat Ibiza
Hi guys, i'm a big music fan and i'm just thinking that my Standard CD player isn't upto the job of running some decent speakers.
I don't want a sub or an amp as i've gone past that now. So i'm think a decent HU, properly Alpine and a decent set of speakers.

The thing is now, I don't really want to ruin the standard look as I like it, anyone got some after market units that don't look out of place...!

What you guys got?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Been done a thousand times on here....

Alpine FTW.

Renault speakers are adequate, if you've got a decent HU and can HPF the fronts and they can cope well with >200Hz at deafening dB levels.

Sub in the boot and a HPF and you'll be more than happy with the sound quality.

Failing that, upgrading speakers in the front for a smart set of components, but you'll need to amp them other wise there's no point at all...

Seat Ibiza
Oh has it, I should have done a search before really, didn't think about it!

If I got a sub, it would have to be one of those slimline ones, I remember Rockford Fosgate doing some slim ones.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Get a MTX 8" roadthunder sub more than enough bass for a clio,very small and great sound for the money,a set of pioneer custom fit speakers in the front and a decent alpine head unit,job done.

A.N. Other
My only issue with Alpine headunits (and most others!) is that they still don't look great until you start paying a couple of hundred quid. Pioneer made some years ago that had a flush front (IIRC), which looked much less garish.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
are the ph2 still using blaupunkt gear??

if so, then just keep it! whats wrong with the sound that youve got atm? (in your opinion of course)