ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show me your aftermarket steering wheels please...

AB 182-GTI-6-205 GTI
Hi all,

My 182 has got the usual chewed up thumb grips so am considering my options as to whether getting it refurb'd or replacing it with something a little smaller as it feels a bit big in my hands.. :rasp:

So, what have you guys got? Im aware of the resistor mod needed to stop the airbag light flashing, and im not 'overly' fussed about loosing the CC option..

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Daft question (I'm too cool to use search), but what boss would I need for a Sabelt wheel?

CursedTitanium 182FF
IMAG0080.gif

Megane 225 F1
I really want one like the cruise control bodge. My suede one has worn down in less than a year :(

Chocolate Orange 172
In my view depends on what you want to use the car for, if you are going to use it more on the track then on the road then go for an aftermarket steering wheel. If you are going to use it more on the road then get it retrimmed, safer in my view especially as you never know whats round the corner. My retrimmed wheel:

P3090098.gif

P3110128.gif

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Guessing you haven't seen the video of a cheap wheel snapping in someones hands

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
There's three wheels to the right, in a vertical line...

Click the top one.

The three different materials look slightly different.

Polyurethane is the one on want.

It will be EXACTLY the same as the ones pictured.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
There's three wheels to the right, in a vertical line...

Click the top one.

The three different materials look slightly different.

Polyurethane is the one on want.

It will be EXACTLY the same as the ones pictured.

Ah got ya :p

Can you recommend a boss to go with that?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
as if people are paying £70 for wheels that bend??

you can get OMP wheels for that!! or if youre feeling cheap, get an RMD wheel, ive used one of those and they do the job just as well as omp, suedes slightly low quality but they dont bend!! lol