ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should i really move to 205.45 from 195.50

Not a 320d
:(:eek:

Sorry for yet another properly retarded post.

Im no expert on tyres. Been speaking to a few people, and they say the move from (yes i know its 10mm ffs) 195 50 16 to 205 45 16 will result in tyre sway, annoying, noticable sway.

Also, any issue of tyres rubbing arches, anything else i should know about?

I really want V12's and they only come in 205.45 rarther than 195.50. Price is right and you guys seem to think theyre great.

Sorry again, just worried - and i dont want to make a £260 mistake. Any info you can chuck at me do so please. Thanks.

mate, id stick with the 15", cheaper tyres means you can drive it harder! Ive got Rainsport 2's on the front of my phase 1 and theyre amazing! give them a try!

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Rolling diameter of the wheel will be around 10mm less on a 205/45, so this will affect the accuracy of the speedo. Lower profile tyre might "tramline" a little more but really depends on the tyre. A wider tyre won't mean more rubber in contact with the road necessarily. If the tyres are good and the price is right give it a go, they'll work fine.

BG 182
i read something the other day saying the more rubber on the track/road etc an lower the profile the better for speed. but worse ride

Not a 320d

Seen that before and done the math. Thanks anyway, i know theres very little difference.

Get 195/45/16 then the speedo wont be wrong coz thats what they came with!

They came with 195.50.16 and they dont offer V12's in my standard profile. So 205.45.16 is the next option.

Next best thing is a set of contisports which i dont really want - they dont wear that well in my experience.

Clio 172
Ah right, fair doos. My 172 standard is 195/45/16 and will stick with them always.

I would stick with 195/50 and just get a different tyre!

535d / t5 caravelle
i've just took delivery of 2 hankook rs2's in 205/45/16, wasn't sure myself, but thought f**k it, my clio 16v handled amazingly on 205/45/16's along with koni suspension, so the cup should fair up! ordering 2 more and getting them fitted in jan. i have no doubt they will be spot on!

535d / t5 caravelle
forgot to add, i did ask about a bit on the forum, and got positive comments to go for the 205's, well then again, i also got negative ones lol, anyway i got them in the end.

Not a 320d
Ive spoken to a fair few people now and they aklk say do it, differece is nigh on nothing. I was going to get RS2's but now the V12's are back ill try my luck with those. Rs2's look great but i cant see them wearing well. Ive torn my Pilot Primacy tyres to shread in 13,000 miles and those are made from actual stone.