ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should i join twitter

phase 1 Clio 172
Been mulling this over for some time. Having never used twitter don't really know what the fuss is about. I Like facebook for the pictures/video and event promotion, does twitter work in the same sort of way or is it just reading a few words that famous people have written. Does joining instantly make me a plum or am i missing out?

Cup and R6
I joined the other day, if you dont have anything to sell/plug I wouldnt bother, its toff, just status updates, i feel like a plonker for being on there but it helps market my Personal Training, dont bother lol

Titanium 182
I joined the other day and it's awesome for stalking fit people. (Hayley Williams, Juliet Simms) ;)

57 Clio Campus Sport
Twitter is Facebook without all the added mess, it's better. The only thing Facebook is better for is photos, and the fact more friends on it. But it's so full of crap now, loads of adverts and crap games.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Can you post pictures on it?

I thought Jeremy Piven used it the other day to post a picture.

Crappy work hire car
Never even been on Twitter, don't see the point when I already have facebook so I wouldn't bother personally mate.

Formally Clio 182
I'm actually addicted to twitter.

It's the 'twitter apps using their API which makes it good. You only choose what apps you use and aren't bombarded by them like you are on facebook.

Clio 1.2 Grande (2001)
Get yourself along to http://www.tweetdeck.com/ This is a great client to use. The Twitter website is useless on it's own.

Twitter is all about the searches. You don't have to be friends with many people to find it useful or interesting. In fact, it's not really about that at all. You do have your main followers, that can be friends, family, famous people (or fit birds yes) but the great thing about tweetdeck is that you can have a few other columns open all the time which constantly update when anyone uses the word you search for.

So for example, you might have a few searches running like, Clio, Iceland volcano, Manchester United. These will be constantly updating as people tweet about those things. It's like a live news channel from all over the world.

When Sheffield was flooded there were live updates coming in about which roads were blocked, which buses were running etc.

You see with Twitter, you tend to tweet stuff other people will genuinely find interesting, not that you just took a crap or that there's nothing on tv. It's about information exchange. That's why a lot of people say it's rubbish because they've got nothing interesting to say and they've not realised how to use it right.

It's really good once you get into it. Not better than facebook but just totally different cos its not really about what you're friends had for breakfast or how hung over they are.

Give it a chance, follow some people you're interested in and most importantly, use the SEARCH. :cool:

Add me if you like @mattfjohnson

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Get yourself along to http://www.tweetdeck.com/ This is a great client to use. The Twitter website is useless on it's own.

Twitter is all about the searches. You don't have to be friends with many people to find it useful or interesting. In fact, it's not really about that at all. You do have your main followers, that can be friends, family, famous people (or fit birds yes) but the great thing about tweetdeck is that you can have a few other columns open all the time which constantly update when anyone uses the word you search for.

So for example, you might have a few searches running like, Clio, Iceland volcano, Manchester United. These will be constantly updating as people tweet about those things. It's like a live news channel from all over the world.

When Sheffield was flooded there were live updates coming in about which roads were blocked, which buses were running etc.

You see with Twitter, you tend to tweet stuff other people will genuinely find interesting, not that you just took a crap or that there's nothing on tv. It's about information exchange. That's why a lot of people say it's rubbish because they've got nothing interesting to say and they've not realised how to use it right.

It's really good once you get into it. Not better than facebook but just totally different cos its not really about what you're friends had for breakfast or how hung over they are.

Give it a chance, follow some people you're interested in and most importantly, use the SEARCH. :cool:

Add me if you like @mattfjohnson

It's still s**t, though :p

Formally Clio 182
Yeah we have a local tag in Reading which is #rdg so good to have a search column for that on Tweetdeck to see the local news, entertainment, traffic or what other people are up to in my town.

No one says anything interesting anymore on facebook so it's good to watch Twitter.