ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should i Jailbreak my 3G

Mondeo STTDCI
I had mine jail broken for a few months. It was laggy as f**k and crashed more often.

I loved customising it, and playing with the apps that arent available from Apple but I too went back to standard.

And always in the back of my mind was "what if it f***s up and goes wrong and Apple dont want to know".

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Dave, mine didnt f**k up, but i did blag a warranty swap as it was scratched...Apple connected it to their diagnostic computer in the apple store to test it and it came back 100% jailbreak free, all i did was a full restore via itunes from their firmware and not a backup.

Dave, mine didnt f**k up, but i did blag a warranty swap as it was scratched...Apple connected it to their diagnostic computer in the apple store to test it and it came back 100% jailbreak free, all i did was a full restore via itunes from their firmware and not a backup.

Exactly what I did. Mine was second hand, pre jailbroken and unlocked for me by a kind lad off here.

Had scratches and usual cracks on back. Swapped with no issues.

Mondeo STTDCI

BUT bet the old bum was going whilst you waited.

Apple are the type of company that care more about their image to potential customers than the 2p they loose providing new phones. All in all, they easily make it back and more, so would rather replace faulty units with no quibbles.

Monaco 53/468
I JB'd mine, had dust under the screen and a cracked rear case, restored, went to Apple Store and they swapped it no questions asked

Now JB'd my new one and all is good. Winterboard does slow it down though so fecked that off.

To answer an earlier question there is an app on cydia called restrictor3g which tricks the phone into thinking its using wifi so you can then use skype, download over 10mb etc etc all on 3G

iFile is awsome. SSH is too. iFile + free ringtones -google/youtube it (can't say much more in here!)