ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should i Jailbreak my 3G

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
my mates offered to show me how to jailbreak my iphone tonight?? but is it worth it??? Opinions please??

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
100% yes.

Look at my thread in the Sticky section above. It's been updated in the last few pages.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
cool.... i know theres a big thread on jailbraking but just wanted a few peoples opinions first! if i jailbreak can i still access apps from the app store?

Monaco 53/468
do it, theres so much the phone is capable of that App Store doesn't offer you,You can still do the usual stuff, access the App Store etc. Well worth doing IMO

Last edited by a moderator:

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
I did the jail break yesterday. Bloody fantasic .... Used blackrain then cydia. Backgrounder is pretty cool. Anyone know of a decent 3g unrestrictor????

172 Cup, Ibiza Cupra
Unrestrcitor? As in use it on any network? Should be something on Blackrain for that called Snow.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Unrestrcitor? As in use it on any network? Should be something on Blackrain for that called Snow.

Sorry I meant an app where I can use skype or watch skysports over 3g instead of just being resticted to wifi only

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Jailbroke mine, managed 2 months or so before it pissed me off enough to go back to standard, ran oK for the first month then started acting up, running like a dog.

Back to apple firmware and all is good again, mate put his back to standard today too.

Mine's jailbroken, and seems to run fine, but the only reason I keep it jailbroken is for SB settings, as it's handy having the running application list so you can cancel what you're not using and free up memory.

I take it there's no way to do this on the apple os?? Nokia have it on their smartphones.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Mine's jailbroken, and seems to run fine, but the only reason I keep it jailbroken is for SB settings, as it's handy having the running application list so you can cancel what you're not using and free up memory.

I take it there's no way to do this on the apple os?? Nokia have it on their smartphones.

No, because the iPhone os doesn't multitask.

So when I open SB settings, and in processes it says *Safari *Phone *Mail and I delete them, it frees up memory. How would you do it without SB settings?

And instead of starting another thread and it's to do with jailbreaking anyway - I have the battery percentage shown on my 3G, if I restored it to apple os, but left the percentage there, and returned the phone to apple for a fault, would they show me the door as they would know it's been jailbroken previously?

Better than yours. C*nt.
I'd say no, purely on the basis that there's not THAT much more that you need an iPhone to do that it can't already do!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
So when I open SB settings, and in processes it says *Safari *Phone *Mail and I delete them, it frees up memory. How would you do it without SB settings?

You wouldn't as the OS just reopens them again after you exit.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Phone and mail are running all the time even if you terminate them.

On the 3GS safari stays active, ive noticed that on the iPhone and on the 3G it self terminates. Must be a memory issue.

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
1000% yes...so much better when done, and if you dont like it, its a click of a mouse to go back to unjailbroken...

SO much good stuff available when jailbroke...most of which cannot be discussed here...lol

Citroen DS3 DSport
I always find that jailbreaking slows the iPhone down so I prefer to run the OS as standard.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
LOL if you restore back it keeps it.

I was a huge JB advocate, but this week ive gone back to standard.
So much better!

LOL if you restore back it keeps it.

I was a huge JB advocate, but this week ive gone back to standard.
So much better!

Yeah it does as I restored before but I kept it jailbroken so I can turn the percentage off if I ever need to take it to Apple (likely). All that's on there is SB settings now apart from that it's as standard.

Fiesta ST-2
Once you download apps on a JB phone can you use them when you revert back to standard? When I say download I mean not via the app store...

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
If you restoe it doesnt keep it...My last one was jailbroke, and after a restore, Apples diagnostic platform showed no trace of any jailbreak. If you restore it from an IPSW that is jailbroke, then of course it retains the break. Restore it from a clean firmware and its gone...

What is there to not like, its not slower and doesnt have any disadvantages...on the plus side you can customise everything.

Current desktop:

wallpaper.PNG

:cool:
http://www.phuzion.co.uk/photos/wallpaper.PNG

2001 Clio 1.4 Si
i got bored of it pretty quickly tbh. its impressive and easy to do but i dno just not that keen on it. might do it again tho soon cus im gettin bored of standard.

Just out of interest, once jailbroken, can I still plug in the phone and do back ups once jailbroken? As when I did this with my unlocked and jailbroken phone, it rendered all my apps useless, as well as it now not opening cydia . . . Had to delete and redownload the apps to get them to work again.

2001 Clio 1.4 Si
Just out of interest, once jailbroken, can I still plug in the phone and do back ups once jailbroken? As when I did this with my unlocked and jailbroken phone, it rendered all my apps useless, as well as it now not opening cydia . . . Had to delete and redownload the apps to get them to work again.

yeh im fairly sure u can iirc. works all the same as an unjailbroken phone wen connected to the pc.