ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Short thread - 182 / 197 rally car running

Grats

ClioSport Club Member
  Rally Car
Hi not one for posting threads but few people on here have been very helpful while I very slowly built my new rally car, never had a Clio before this, so I thought I would just post a few bits of info and a pic to prove the engine does fit in :)

The car is a 182 Cup fitted with a tweaked 197 engine, Sadev mk3 box, Jenvey ITBs and DTA management, sat on AST 3way and Pure Motorsport strengthening and joint kits . The attached link below is the car on EFI (Runcorn) rolling rd having the flat shift sorted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HdAw5zy2Ek

I used Engine Dynamics for the engine build, Pure Motorsport for most of the suspension parts, PipeWerx for a hand build fitted exhaust, and EFI for engine mapping - all have been really great and good value for money too.

engine bay.JPG

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Glad you got it running in the end mate I did send you a email regarding the lights on the dash but did not get a reply so don't know if you received it or not. Will have to come down to your first event and cheer you on. So glad I get to still see this car I cried when it sold :( are you still using the ap calipers

Grats

ClioSport Club Member
  Rally Car
Hi - thanks but no I didn't get your email, but all sorted now, running APs but with a few mods to the peddle box and mounting brackets. First event still some time off, lots of little jobs to do.

thanks all for your comments, it makes you smile when you drive it.