ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shock -> Coily help

172 Cup
Hey,
Basically my front shock is nakered and the money that its going to cost to get the standard ones + labour i might as well get some coilovers for all 4 corners and that way i wont have to replace the other shocks (lowered the car on 60mm lowering springs).

So can anyone point me in the right direction?
I'm looking at around £400 at the VERY most,
The cars a 1.2 8v (mk2 ph2 02')
Im looking for a bolt off, bolt on job
(Ive seen the lowering kits but there only for 16v and the spacing is different? or is it even worth looking at them?)

Im not expecting top notch handling just something that means i can fit it and leave it for a year or more without having to fork out on it

Cheers!
Rob

Listerine & Poledo
the cost of labour for doing all 4 corners will be more than just refitting OEMs to the front, so you're going to be spending quite an amount more overal.

Listerine & Poledo
OEM = Standard

simply, if you just change the 2 front shocks, that'll cost you
2 shocks (pattern parts or genuine renault)
and 2x fitting

to go coilover you're staring at
a pack of shocks and springs
fitting them on all 4 corners.

I suspect the extra 2 corners of fitting will cost you more than you suspect.

of course, after doing either of these you'll need to get everything aligned again.

172 Cup
OEM = Standard

simply, if you just change the 2 front shocks, that'll cost you
2 shocks (pattern parts or genuine renault)
and 2x fitting

to go coilover you're staring at
a pack of shocks and springs
fitting them on all 4 corners.

I suspect the extra 2 corners of fitting will cost you more than you suspect.

of course, after doing either of these you'll need to get everything aligned again.
ok cheers, i know that but it means i wont have to fork out replacing the rest of the shocks,
im looking at doing the front 2 shocks now anyway to cut a long story short.

Does anyone know where i can get coilys to fit a 1.2 8v i can only find 16v?
cheers