ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shmee in a Vee

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
3k! Who the hell be repainting cars properly for that.

Minimum cost really to our standard, starts around 6 or 7k with the hours we would do. It has way too many varibales though, glass out, engine bay, flat show finish, suspension? Wheels.

Different cars have different issues and stripping also. Last one we completed, a classic was 15k.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
3k! Who the hell be repainting cars properly for that.

Minimum cost really to our standard, starts around 6 or 7k with the hours we would do. It has way too many varibales though, glass out, engine bay, flat show finish, suspension? Wheels.

Different cars have different issues and stripping also. Last one we completed, a classic was 15k.
Obviously got shmoney off

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
No idea what he would have paid but it's not really relevant on a car like that, higher value and a pretty wealthy guy by all accounts.

CLS, RS MEG
Oh my…. 😎
126CEA0D-4E7E-4655-80F1-A5CF11B3FDED.png

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
maybe if it was a bare shell fully stripped.
Assuming its still black under the bonnet and carpets I susepect closer to £3k.

The cost of just the paint & materials used to paint a Mk1 Clio in it's original normal colour costs close to that these days, nevermind a metallic pearl that's also a colour change

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Yeah looks mega!
Will be interesting to hear the cost breakdown. Must had had a good 20k spent on it.

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Tim said he wanted to be up on the car when it’s time to sell on.

That would put the value at 50-55k I reckon to break even / turn a small profit.

30-35k for the car
10k paint
3k cambelt service
7k for general upgrades & labour.

All educated guess work but don’t think I’d be too far out.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Amazing work, it looks fantastic.

Crying out for a set of Pole Positions, if I was being picky 😉

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Looks like I was pretty close with my estimate 👍🏻
60k if u include all the free bits.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
LOL when he actually replied to this post.

Only watched the second to last Video. Alot of work for sure.

Still remember thinking about getting one when were mid teens. Got a Z3M Coupe instead.

Amazing looking cars.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Just shows how much free stuff these influencers get. It looks and sounds amazing tbf. Reckon it would fetch more than the quoted price as well easily

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Big credit to being honest and open about the freebies and other bits that went into the car. It’s quite refreshing.

Reactions: HAP

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
Big credit to being honest and open about the freebies and other bits that went into the car. It’s quite refreshing.
Indeed, almost eight grand of free goodies. Given i'm about to drop the engine out of mine, sign me up for some of that! I'll go create a youtube channel now lol