ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

she's getting there!! RS-one pics

Golf R/Leon FR
Thought id share a few pics of the RS-one.
Had been neglected over the last 6 months or so, lots of things started to go wrong on. But i have persisted and recently spent a bit of money on her, and a little help from my g/f.

Here's some pics from tonight, gave her a wash and polish, then took a few snaps before i went to football.

New mods
New front bumper (cheers MikeS)
New rear bumper (cheers MikeS)
New front discs (cheers MikeS)
new pads front and rear
new handbrake cables
2x Oz F1's (cheers clio_1.6_16v)

wheels need a refurb i know, and new tyres next on the list.

enjoy

DSC02644.jpg

DSC02645.jpg

DSC02646.jpg

DSC02647.jpg

DSC02648.jpg

DSC02649.jpg

DSC02650.jpg

DSC02652.jpg

DSC02653.jpg

DSC02655.jpg

DSC02657.jpg

cheers
gareth

BMW F31
loving it mate! absolutely mint! i will be glad to see those old oz's refurbed, i just couldnt afford the time/money to do them! glad they have gone to a good home :)

Golf R/Leon FR
cheers for the comments

giles - yeah its the alloy bonnet been on since the day after i bought it off you :)

funky - theres a slight bend in the bumper which makes it look uneven but its fitted fine

ex Clio 172 owner :(
quite liking the white badges. thinking maybe doing the 2.0 16v in black or racing blue might look tasty.

Golf R/Leon FR
looks good gareth, the first ever sport i drove hehe

thanks anni, when do i get to drive yours? ;)

loving it mate! absolutely mint! i will be glad to see those old oz's refurbed, i just couldnt afford the time/money to do them! glad they have gone to a good home :)

cheers again nick, hopefully refurbed within the next few months.

quite liking the white badges. thinking maybe doing the 2.0 16v in black or racing blue might look tasty.

i was thinking about that chris, but i think im gonna change back to silver

57 Ibiza Formula Sport

you'd be disappointed with mine gareth, it's not as much fun to drive as yours!!! you could have driven it at fcs tho but u didnt come :(

remember that time when i was driving yours and someone flashes me to turn into a road and i stalled it about 10 times LOL!!!

Golf R/Leon FR

you'd be disappointed with mine gareth, it's not as much fun to drive as yours!!! you could have driven it at fcs tho but u didnt come :(

remember that time when i was driving yours and someone flashes me to turn into a road and i stalled it about 10 times LOL!!!

oh yeah i remember that was quite funny! you got used to it in the end

what was wrong with the other bunmpers?

rear had a scrape on it when my mum reversed her car off the drive
front has a slight crack in and is stone chipped

plus i got a set of mint new ones for a very very cheap price :)

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
hehe, well that clutch was mega heavy gareth and i was used to the feather light ka!

used to the 182 one now though, drove the ka when the new owner came to pick it up and i kept stalling the ka cos the clutch was sooooo weird compared to the 182!

Golf R/Leon FR
yeah the ph-quick's clutch is very heavy, i was driving my mums mitsubishi colt a few weeks ago and stalled the RS once i was driving it again lol

ex Clio 172 owner :(
are them discs the correct way round?

i thought the idea with grooves was that as the disc sweeps past the pads, gases are channelled out towards the edge of the disc.

the way yours are they would get channelled towards the centre.

similar to the way tyres channel water to the edges.

Golf R/Leon FR
gareth what brakes do you have ?

they are EBC brakes, i bought them off MikeS off here so not sure on prices etc.

are them discs the correct way round?

i thought the idea with grooves was that as the disc sweeps past the pads, gases are channelled out towards the edge of the disc.

the way yours are they would get channelled towards the centre.

similar to the way tyres channel water to the edges.

i thought they were on the wrong way but my bro used to have them on his vts and said they go that way i can change them though if they are wrong