ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shall I get rid of the Monaco?

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Thinking of swapping the Monaco for a Megane 225 F1 Team. It's up at £10,495 and they've offered me £3,000 for the Monaco. The car drives well and they've agreed to repair curbing on a wheel, and scuffs on wing mirror, passenger seat mount and gear lever. Only thing left is to decide if I really want the car??

mediaCAUAC82R.jpg

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201014356397181/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/11000/price-from/10000/engine-size-cars/2l_to_2-5l/model/megane/make/renault/postcode/rg279rn/radius/60/page/1?logcode=p

And what I'd be p/x'ing

4511120332_fbf7a66879_b.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd be wanting a £6500 balance on that deal.

Megs a little overpriced and yours isn't exactly good px money.

All imo of course.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Everytime you see an R26, there will be a pang of regret. 12 months ago I was offered a better price than that on a silver r26. Overpriced, if you want a Meg, wait for an R26.

Is that really it? Nothing different about the looks? different spoiler? wheels etc

My mate just bought an 'R26 F1 Team' I wasn't even sure they did an F1 team R26 but I have no idea on all this lingo... lol

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
I'd be wanting a £6500 balance on that deal.

Megs a little overpriced and yours isn't exactly good px money.

All imo of course.

The Megane looked like a good price judging by similar cars on Autotrader. How much would do you reckon mines worth then?

Everytime you see an R26, there will be a pang of regret. 12 months ago I was offered a better price than that on a silver r26. Overpriced, if you want a Meg, wait for an R26.

I was thinking that but R26's near me are going for at least £1000 more.

whats the difference between the 225 f1 megane and the R26?

Research on meganesport.net tells me differences with R26 are:
- limited slip diff
- 5 extra bhp and different sounding exhaust
- increased rear rollbar diameter
- michelin pilot sports tyres (instead of dunlop sportmaxx on 225)

Well it does have blue Recaro's ;)

Tricky one Tim.....ummmmm

Recaro's are putting me off TBH :rasp: What would you do?

My choices are buy the Megane, get my 172 back to factory fresh, or wait until I find a Corvette.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Well my friend just bought an identical car for £9k. (Although that was private)

I think your car is worth £3k, but wheres the incentive for you? He needs to be giving you some over allowance.

£10,000 - £3500 = Happy Dan.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
A Vette'? Which model...

Something similar to this but in yellow like this and closer to £11k.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...postcode/rg279rn/radius/1501/page/1?logcode=p

Well my friend just bought an identical car for £9k. (Although that was private)

I think your car is worth £3k, but wheres the incentive for you? He needs to be giving you some over allowance.

£10,000 - £3500 = Happy Dan.

To be fair I asked for £3k which was probably a mistake but it's good price considering how stone chipped the front end is. They've agreed to repair defects on the wheel, wing mirror, passenger seat mount and gear knob which leaves me feeling there's not much room for manoeuvre. The car should have had those corrected before they put it on the forecourt so I'll say I want it for £10k less £3k for my car.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Your monaco is pretty sexual tbf atouba-but that meg does look bang tidy. You wanting to stick with renault? Only ask as the mazda 3 mps caught my eye for similar monies to the meganes ;)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Get an R26 for similar money but have to sell the monaco private.

Good cars but it's a big trade up, alot more potential in the Megane's mind. Serious research and driving is the order of the day. Don't just wade in and buy it and as Paul/P@blo/Pixyboots says, have a look about for its competitors.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3

Good cars but it's a big trade up, alot more potential in the Megane's mind. Serious research and driving is the order of the day. Don't just wade in and buy it and as Paul/P@blo/Pixyboots says, have a look about for its competitors.

Dont be hating the pixieboots jam :rasp:

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Your monaco is pretty sexual tbf atouba-but that meg does look bang tidy. You wanting to stick with renault? Only ask as the mazda 3 mps caught my eye for similar monies to the meganes ;)

This is very true, it will be very hard to let go. I want to stick with Renault mainly because I like doing the Renaultsport trackdays.

Haven't really considered any other cars.

I've not driven any RS Megane variant, but if the diff in the R26 is anything like that in the FRS, then it's a must. Feed in more power to tighten the line, or power-understeer and spin the inside wheel...not exactly a tricky decision.

Get an R26. I SRS doubt you'll regret moving up from the Clio.

clio trophy No56
From what i understand the diff in the Meg RS is just the same as the Revo Knuckle? Did Reno not come up with it first and Ford stole it, haha.

Revo knuckle isn't a diff, it's a type of suspension geometry. AFAIK Ford stole the concept from Renault but marketed it better. That said, apparently Renault didn't invent it anyway.

clio trophy No56
I see... learn something new every day. Love the FRS btw but think i would pick the new Meg 250 cup over it. The new FRS 500 looks awsome though!

clio trophy No56
Sure is, my mate has a R27 and is thinking of part ex for a 250 cup but said he wants to wait till the R version comes out..... Told him it might be a while and he said he is going to wait...

There will be dozens of special editions, yeah. If your mate wants to wait six years for the final version then he's a little silly IMO.

The super-stripped R didn't sell well at all, so don't expect a return. Never say never though I guess.

Would you even want one unless it was to be used as a dedicated track car??

Ah my bad. Yes. There will be many of those to choose from. Sadly, current form implies they will mostly be sticker & trinket special editions.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Think I'm keeping the Monaco unless they move on the price even then the R26 sounds much better after speaking to Withoutabix today.