ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shakey car and vague steering

Clio 172
From driving my clio over the last few months, i've noticed that there seems to be a pretty bad judder/wobble in the front of the car and through the steering wheel when driving it. It's only noticeable in the steering wheel at about 70+mph, but can feel the car rolling unevenly at low speeds aswel. The handling also seems quite vague through the steering wheel. The wheels are all balanced, and i've recently fitted brand new shocks and springs all round, but retained the old front topmounts as they seemed in good condition.

What might be causing this? I plan on getting the alignment lookad at in the morning, but would this be caused by anything else, before i spend money and get no solution? I have been reading about the rear wishbone bolts wearing away the holes in the subframe, and it sounds similar to my symptoms, but have yet to take a look at mine.

Chocolate Bar™
going to be alignment / wheel weights / balljoints / top mounts

i couldnt find the source of the vagueness in my steering, so i changed all of the above