ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Shake at high speeds, (not balancing or alignment)

172 ph2
When going fast *cough* the car shakes rather badly, it dnt pull to the left or right but you can feel a shake thought the car and the steering wheel..
im a bit stumped

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
A lot of clios do this nothing wrong with it.

Mine never has :/ Sounds like something is wrong if its doing it, you sure it isnt the wheel balancing? I had the same 70mph+ after I had my front tyres fitted even though they had already balanced it...badly.

172 ph2
Mine never has :/ Sounds like something is wrong if its doing it, you sure it isnt the wheel balancing? I had the same 70mph+ after I had my front tyres fitted even though they had already balanced it...badly.

Had the wheels balanced not long ago..Sure this cant be normal as y would renault design the car to be fast etc if its going to shake and be uncomfortable lol

172 ph2
Iv had renaults since iv been able to drive and this is the 1st car thats done it :(
il take it to a garage and see what they think

Ph2 172
Check your wheels again for buckles. They may balance up fine but even the slightest flat spot can still cause the steering wheel to shake at high speed.

200 FF Storm Grey
Most likely the wheel balancing like said mate, although sometimes road surface can have an effect, from mine to the gf's its a stretch of private runway like 10 miles, often doing 100+ and it's smooth then you get to a particular bit of runway and it look smooth enough but the steering wheel and gear stick is vibrating like a b**ch

SQ5
I'm having the same problem at the minute. Taken car to garage today and said 2 wheels are buckled and one that feels mostly like its the problem, front left, has a flat spot. I have had one of the rears on there too to test it and still did it.

Trying track wheels tomorrow as they have never caused problems.

Is it a really violent shake 60+ (when accelerating) and then a light shake everywhere else?

172 Cup
My 172cup does the same thing, it's a quite violent shake and rattle sound. You can feel it through the steering wheel and through the floor. In mine it only happens when the revs get quite high in 1st 2nd or 3rd. I took it to a mechanic to look at and when I returned at the end of the day they said they couldn't find any thing wrong with it. So I took him out and demenstrated:evil:. He said "oh I didn't like to get the rev's that high!" At least I know they didn't thrash my car while I was gone.:S So its got to go back another day. So to sum up, I dont know what it is either!