ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Setting up Clio Height Recommendations

03 clio sport asc
Hi Guys

I run Gaz gold coil overs with the standard gaz gold spings i think - anyone know what rate they are?
anyone know what a good upgrade on these would be for strip and track day duties?

im running 195-50-15 and in the past have had the front rub, now the front is raised im thinking this may not be the best setup the rear is still higher but not that much, is there any guide to what height difference the rear should be?

Thanks

David

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Hi David , not entirely sure , but if your in Melbourne NE, could drop in or call centerline suspension and run the setup past them and see if they can recommend adjustment to your setup based on weight and tyre setup and what type of surface and track you will be on. Not to mention balance against a rear sway bar and your own personal driving preferences and style.

03 clio sport asc
Really need to set the height guys have alignment booked in a couple of days
I have just put Pure Motorsport Top Mounts in and I think that has messed with my ride height which was never perfect to begin with.
I have the front set 32mm from the tire to the guard and rear is 16mm tire to the guard.
Distance from the ground is 590mm from the ground to the guard in the front and 580mm in the rear if that helps so it kind of sits flat
what do you guys think? raise the rear?

I went out and had a look at my Phase 1 which is stock and it is 70mm front tire to the guard and rear is 60mm

If you set the ride height the same all the way around with your weight in the front seat that should be fine due to the cars natural forward rake. Get the car on level ground and measure from the centre of the wheel to the wheel arch. I was 33cm all-round on AST's and 15" wheels and it looked like this below.

Screenshot_2017-11-10-11-32-36.png

03 clio sport asc
Mines 32 in the front and 30 in the rear, not really worried about looks more about best track performance, also the front which used to be a little lower used to rub on the stupid bumper mounts which meant i always had to run the shock damper really stiff to avoid tire wear which i think made handling worse and destroyed tires a bit quicker - I have cut the mount down as much as possible now to hopefully avoid this.

If track performance is your goal then corner weighting is your best option. Car wont look evenly stanced but it will be nice and balanced on track. I just bent the bumber mounts up out the way and had no issues, sounds like you need higher spring rates though. Look at FK springs as they are cheap enough and you can have most rates, lengths and diameter on the market.

Yeah mate f**k all the bolts off, the bumper still fits nicely without any bolts. I could just pull mine on and off without undoing anything. Much easier for track and maintenance.

03 clio sport asc
Love it.....the amount of s**t I’ve pulled off this thing that isn’t needed is getting beyond a joke!