ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

setting up aol wireless broadband

Ben182

ClioSport Club Member
  X3
hi,

Hoping one of you It gurus can give me a few pointers here..

I've signed up for Aol silver, and they've sent me a netgear dg834g wireless router and I've bought a netgear WG511 wireless card for my laptop.

What's the best way to go about setting this up. The aol instructions talk about setting up the router, but I need to connect to it first in order to do that.

I was thinking, wire up the router, then install the wireless card on the laptop and hopefully it'll pick up the router, allowing me to change the settings and get the broadband working?

If anyone has experience of setting this up, any tips would be much appreciated!

Also has anyone got a nintendo DS working on this router with AOL? Guess that might be a seperate post next week!

Cheers

Ben

Ben182

ClioSport Club Member
  X3
ok, I'm a bit thick regarding these things. so do I need an ethernet (?) card for that? where does it plug in on the laptop?

172 Exclusive #114
Most laptops already have an ethernet socket, though if you've got a really old laptop you can can get PCMCIA ethernet cards. Just follow the instructions, it's pretty straight forward.

Ben182

ClioSport Club Member
  X3
laptop is only 2 years old, so hopefully should be ok then..

thanks for the pointer!