ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Setting up a WiFi connection @ work

Suzuki SV650
I manage a small-medium sized bar in town that has 5 different levels, each kinda on top of each other, very hard to describe without drawing any pics. Anyway, we're looking to set up a WiFi connection for our customers, but I'm unsure how to go about it..

We've got an AOL (no free PS3 thou sadly ;o) ) ASDL wireless router/modem in the office on the top floor, this plugs directly into the work laptop that runs XP.

A wireless connection was set up last night, but the signal isn't strong enough to go all the way throughout the premises. In the bar on the lowest floor, the signal keeps fluctuating on and off because its so weak. What do we need to buy to boost the signal to the lower floors?

The best reply gets a couple of beers on me. (Collection only)

Thx,

Steve.

^Yep, although sometimes manufactures will only work properly if the router they are repeating is the same make.

Revels Mum & Sister
As H182 HOWEVER I would seriously consider a dedicated Wireless connection that is not part of your work wireless. With them sharing the same IP subnet and network as work PC you are possibly leaving yourself open!