ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Setting myself up for abuse here:

trophy #50
Sorry. I was replying to everything at once :) I'm aware it wasn't you who said it. I didn't mean to sound accusatory

trophy #50
Ah ok, just with trophy seats as well. ;)

Constructive criticism is welcome, unnecessary degrading comments aren't.
Don't waste your time

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sure a 182 FF with some Trophy seats would have been cheaper and had the same end result.

Buy a blue 182, fit £800 seats.

Buy a red 182 and fit £200 coil overs.

I'd say she has more logic than most.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
So because she's ditched the turini's and it was cheaper to buy some coilovers rather than refurb the Sachs,
she's ruined a Trophy and it now looks like a replica?

Yeah alright then.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
So because she's ditched the turini's and it was cheaper to buy some coilovers rather than refurb the Sachs,
she's ruined a Trophy and it now looks like a replica?

Yeah alright then.

Yep.

If your engine went pop and it was cheaper to swap with the bog standard megane 2.0l, would you? I think not.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I like the wheels.

Dont give a f**k if you sold the Sachs tbh. its your car.

You'll still be able to sell it for a good figure to someone who doesnt know much about the cars. Just stick in the ad "Upgraded KTEC suspension" and watch them cream themselves.

Its amazing the sheer amount of mongs out there who know f**k all about these cars. Par example the guy who enquired if I had the Turbo refurbed on the Cup. You know who you are.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Please enlighten me to how it does not compare.

Because if I got a 2.0L Meg engine instead of a 1*2, it would cost the same to swap them,
plus coilovers are cheap, engine swaps aren't.

I appreciate that Sachs are far superior to K-Tec coilovers and the main reason the Trophy is better than all other 1*2's,
but it's only a set of coilovers ffs, it's not like it really matters in terms of an everyday road car.

Also it doesn't seem to have occurred to anyone,
she might not have had the money to refurb the Sachs.

It's only a Clio, does it really matter in great scheme of things?

trophy #50
;) some people get it.
The oz's weren't standard on the trophy, yet I had none of this over them.
I like trophies. I've always wanted one. It's still a trophy.

You get a bionic leg, you're still a human...
Slightly off course with that one but it's along the same lines.

Anyway... The sticker says trophy ....
;)

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Because if I got a 2.0L Meg engine instead of a 1*2, it would cost the same to swap them,

It was a purely hypothetical point if something was changed for a cheaper slower version (I'm not talking RS Megane) which devoids from the original point of the car. But clearly this was lost.

I appreciate that Sachs are far superior to K-Tec coilovers and the main reason the Trophy is better than all other 1*2's,
but it's only a set of coilovers ffs, it's not like it really matters in terms of an everyday road car.

I also appreciate what you're saying, but we aren't owning hot hatches so we can pootle about 24/7 to the shops and back never going above 40mph.

So why get it? :p

Not particularly. Just seems completely illogical.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member

Took the words out my mouth.

Not like it looks s**t, it's only a poxy red clio with fancy shocks big deal not like she's spoiling an old classic. Besides I'm pretty sure its possible to put it back to original.

If it had big 17's and stupid s**t on it I'd understand the hate and I'd be hating too but that looks spot on imo.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Because its not to my taste, to me its a clio just like any others. With similar mods to the op all clios would look nice but put big 17's and cover it in tacky s**t and my taste would dictate that it looks s**t.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Because its not to my taste, to me its a clio just like any others. With similar mods to the op all clios would look nice but put big 17's and cover it in tacky s**t and my taste would dictate that it looks s**t.

But it's not ruining an old classic though?

Just clearly have different opinions of aesthetics over performance.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Why all the Rage in this? It's his motor and in the end of the day it's not a classic by any means, there is another decade until these things become worth anything, that will be when all the LY's are dead and other desirable specs like sat nav models are gone, if he wants it to look how he wants then so be it, better than being a sheep and following the flock to have the same as every other Trophy.......... Standard.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
But it's not ruining an old classic though?

Just clearly have different opinions of aesthetics over performance.

We don't all drive to the shops at mach3 mate.

Yeah I guess I do prefer aesthetics over performance to an extent, I for one would probably never get the most out the trophy on the road anyway so sacrificing a bit of handling for something that looks much much better would be worth it imo.

Plus as she said, the sachs were f**ked anyway.

trophy #50
Why all the Rage in this? It's his motor and in the end of the day it's not a classic by any means, there is another decade until these things become worth anything, that will be when all the LY's are dead and other desirable specs like sat nav models are gone, if he wants it to look how he wants then so be it, better than being a sheep and following the flock to have the same as every other Trophy.......... Standard.

*her*

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Think it looks ok personally, the hate I here is pretty funny, IIRC Dave didn't get this much hate with the old pink shed he had.