ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service Light and Airbag Light

TTRS & V50
Service Light and Airbag Light/ General 172 advice

Went to see a Clio 172 yesterday and all seemed good but it had the service light on when it didnt need one and the airbag light.. are these common problems ?

Would this be an avoidable sale with these symtoms ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Your airbag light is related to the service light.

Wiggle the wires undfer the passenger seat, should sort it out.

Fairly common problem, use it to get a few bob off the car!

TTRS & V50
even though last mot was dec o7

last service was dec 07 with 39 k, now on 46k

and tax only until jul 08

still worth it ? or will i be spending lots of money in the next few months ?

Thanks

TTRS & V50
i knw the cambelt has, he spent 1.2k on a service in december, brakes cam belt but i dont think i saw a replacement aux belt ?! Whens this needed and is it pricey ? Thanks

TTRS & V50
well i think im gonna go and have another look, i want to have a look at the 172/182 buying guide on here, but i dont have the right permission which is a bit annoying, cos i dont wanna become a member unless i get a 172, and ironically i need to look at that guide before i do buy one, lol.

Qashcow
aux belt isnt that much of a shitter to change urself anyway, so long as youve got small arms and dont mind getting dirty?

if it snaps, it may take the cam belt with it then its new engine/head time.

the cam belt is the expensive bit, the rest of the car seems good. id consider it if i didnt have a PH1 and was after a newer car for not much

Coupe/Defender V8
I soldered the wires which cause the service light and airbag light yesterday, took me 10 minutes, did a perfect job and has solved the problem. It's very very easy to sort. :)