ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service History

A few
I bought a clio a few weeks ago from a Renault garage and was told it had full service history. I was shown the document before putting a deposit down on the car. I picked up the car and was told everything was in the glovebox, so I checked and the Renault pack was there.

When I got home I found that the service history book wasent there, only a few receipts along with the other manuals etc. I have phoned them a number of times and was told that they were going to have a look for it. Anyway after weeks of ringing I have eventually got a phone call today and was told that it it didnt come in with full service history and that they have phoned the previous owner and they said they couldnt find it when it came in. All ive got is a few receipts etc, no book with the stamps. No I wouldnt be too bothered but when I come to sell it, it would be much easier to sell with the service book.

Where do I stand with this? Im not annoyed, but when I have been told it had the service history and had seen it then I would expect the book to come with the car :S.

I can't help you with the legal side of things, but seeing as it came from a Renault garage you must have paid quite a bit for it on the understanding it had full service history, so I would be returning that car like a shot.

A few
You should have checked it was actually there.

I know that I should have checked but I trusted that it was in the folder and when I checked, the folder was there so I expected it to be in the folder. I probably would have still bought it anyway because its in immaculate condition and only one owner from new.

A few
Really its my word against theirs so nothing I can do other than buy a new service book and record all services from this point. At least then I can prove when I sell it that it does have some service history.

Ultra Blue RS Megane
I would take it back as its been mis sold to you and im sure you would have paid a higher premium based on the fact it had FSH

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
When the v5 comes back to you, contact the previous owner and ask them where they had it serviced.

Buy a new service book from the Renault garage. (tbh, they should give it to you Free of charge!)

Send it off to where ever the previous owner had it serviced and they should be able to stamp it up.

A few
When the v5 comes back to you, contact the previous owner and ask them where they had it serviced.

Buy a new service book from the Renault garage. (tbh, they should give it to you Free of charge!)

Send it off to where ever the previous owner had it serviced and they should be able to stamp it up.

I asked them this but was told that they couldnt give me one. Although it is a good idea and I may contact the previous owner to see where its been previously serviced.

A few
I know I was thinking that too but they said they only have the new type ones for newer versions of the car and that the technician wouldn't allow one to be given out anyway. Bit of a joke really. £5 on eBay, not going to break the bank but it wouldn't hurt them by sending me one.

When I come to sell it, it will just after be sold with part service history and take this on the chin.

I'm happy with the car, it didn't cost loads because I only wanted a cheaper one until I can afford a good 182 but the fact that I was told and even saw the history, then I should have received It when I picked it up.

pimp mobile Zafira
I had the same problem. The garage I bought mine from lost the service book. They sent me a new book and I also got them to do the belts to keep me sweet. You should have 28 days fir them to put right any problems or **** ups. They should also be compensating you in some way as you'll loose £200 - £300 on resale.

A few
The only thing is, I cant prove that it had any service history. Its my word against theirs and thats the problem im facing. Their saying that it was put in the car which it was not. Ive tried compaining to them but its not working as they are positive it was placed in the car. Ive tried doing a few searches on the internet and not found anything of help.