ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Service cost and recommendations

Arctic 182
Evening all

My 182 is due a service and I was intent on taking it to Birchdown, unfortunately they can't open on a Saturday so it means i'd have to take a day off to head down there (from Manchester)

The service due is a 12,000 mile service, and is the first one since the belts were done last October.

I've been quoted by Andy at Birchdown £153.47 for a service which includes 'oil, air and pollen filters, elf engine oil'. He's advised that the spark plugs, brake fluid and coolant changes are every 5 years/72k so i'm assuming these would have been done at the last service along with the belts.

First up can anyone recommend me a reputable place that will do the same quality service around the Manchester area, also what have you guys paid in the past for a similar service -*i'm assuming Birchdown are reasonably competitive.

Or considering the basic nature of this service i'm considering getting my dad/uncle to give me a hand and service the car myself, only issue there is not getting the stamp. If I was to do this would ELF oil be a good choice?

Cheers for your help & advice

Chris

BMW F21 125d
Birchdown are kings, you wont get a better service or price locally.
Birchdown - North, FRED - Midlands. It really is as simple as that in our neck of the woods!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I took my old one to that fake renault garage opposite renault manchester on trinity way. did the job.

200 Gordini
The car had the plugs and coolant done at its last service so shouldn't need doing yet. Also, the air filter was brand new the day before you came and picked it up but might aswell be changed.

It's easy enough to do yourself but you'll want the stamp. Birchdown are highly recommended but if you're coming to see your Dad anytime soon then give Fred (BTM) a ring, he's open Saturdays but usually quite booked up.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Where abouts is that? I live just down the road from renault Manchester...

renault manchester on trinity way by the MEN? its literally on the opposite corner of the crossroads! brick building with renault on the front in massive letters. not genuine but know their renaults like.