ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serv light, abs light & ESP light, all lit!

Arctic Blue 182
All just come on at the same time on my way home from work. This happened to anyone else?

Clio 182 FF
Yes me first thing this morning for the first time, how fecking weird is that as i was just about to do a search.
Anybody know what it maybe.

Arctic Blue 182
I was going to do a search too but thought I'd just get results where the lights would come on individually, not all at once. Maybe a trip to the garage in the morning. It's only just been in for primary lamda sensor when engine management light came on. 04 plate, 37k.

Ben182

ClioSport Club Member
  X3
happened a few times to me in my old 182. used to clear if i turned the car off and restarted it.

Clio 182 FF
I did exactly that, i pulled over staright away, turned on and off and all the lights went off, curious to know hwat may have caused it.

Arctic Blue 182
Yep, it's cured. Cheers guys. Must be a weird anomoly & just needs itself rebooting by turning the engine off.

S4 Avant
Word of warning, mine flashed all three lights up about a month ago, I turned the ignition off and back on again, which cured it, till about 3 days later. Now it stays on all the time, constantly :dapprove:

If any of you find a cure, please let me know, although mine will be going into a garage next week probably

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I had this on mine, it was grease and crap on one of the ABS sensors,
Cleaned it and it went away for a bit but eventually I needed a new one.

A faulty brake pedal switch has been known to cause the warning lights to go
on, check to see if your brake lights are working.

If they are then it could be crap on one of the ABS sensors.

S4 Avant
Do you know if you had any faults reading from it?

Plugged mine into Grays RS tuner last week, and no fault codes flashed up, relating to the ABS

Arctic Blue 182
I had mine plugged in about a month ago and a fault on the primary lambda sensor was all that came up. I've since had some brembo discs & ferodo pads fitted, which the offside one squeeks, so don't if that'll have anything to do with the abs light coming on, triggering the others. I'm not really clued up about this kind of thing.

It's A Reno
Mine did this a few years ago and when I turned the ignition off it would go away, but return a few hours later.
It turned out that the cable from one of the rear sensors had been worn through by something or other.
New sensor under warranty sorted it out.

It's A Reno
I had mine plugged in about a month ago and a fault on the primary lambda sensor was all that came up. I've since had some brembo discs & ferodo pads fitted, which the offside one squeeks, so don't if that'll have anything to do with the abs light coming on, triggering the others. I'm not really clued up about this kind of thing.

It will only pick up the fault if the lights are on. First time mine went in they found nothing, so I waited until they came on again, drove to the stealers and insisted that they put it on the diag there and then without turning it off and the fault showed up.