ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SERV, ABS and ESP lights on start up

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Trying to get car started after sitting in a garage for 2.5 years (!)

Have now done the following checks and swaps:-
  • New battery - checked with volt meter - fine
  • Replaced tdc/ crank sensor with new one - fine
  • Earthed car as precaution with jump leads - checked with volt meter - all fine
  • Checked fuel pump and fuel rail - pumping fuel in - fine
  • Checked spark plus are sparking - yes - fine
  • No obvious faults with HT/ Coilpack and spark plugs wouldnt work if this was busted - so fine
When you turn key, all lights up, let them all go out, go to fire up and it cranks but never fires and when you turn key the abs, serv and esp lights come on when you try this. When you let the key go they dont light up.

Therefore, any valid suggestions on what is preventing it to fire?

Done a fault code check, showing 430, which is the lambda, but its decatted so suspect its just picking up on that as the yellow exhaust symbol has been a permanent friend on the dash.

My suggestions or ideas?.......
  • Im wondering if the car thinks the first lambda is gubbed and thus wont fire?
  • Possible fuse issue?

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Dan - yes, put in new super, but only 1/8 of a tank or a jerry can full.
The tank was nearly empty when I put it in as I knew it would sit for a while.

took off fuel feed behind fuel rail and it was pumping fuel through.

However why she wont fire is becoming shrouded in mystery!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Considering popping the injectors off next week chic and seeing if they are firing ok. I'd be amazed if that was the problem but we may as well try it. It's an odd one, a car should run with air, fuel and a spark so the fact it doesn't is weird in my book!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
and after more arsing its still not working.

Getting the constant light on dash below the petrol one, rectangular with swiggly line, like a graph.

Always felt this was related to ht/coil pack or spark plugs.

Interestingly no spark from spark plugs now, so yeah going to take a bit more arsing around to rule stuff out.

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Any more info on this?

Just had my car on a clip. Sorted some electrical faults, put a new steering angle sensor and 2 2nd hand injectors fitted and was fine. Get half way home and my abs, tc and serv lights have just popped up. Started to come in when I was braking. Now I'm home they are on permantely.

Im guessing its a brake switch or abs sensor?

​Anyone solved this issue?