ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Self adjusting clutch mechanism?

Clio 172mk2
well why do u think its broken , any thing can break as its a rachet thing, tried resetting it?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Didn't know it could be reset...

Why do I think it's broken?

Because yesterday my pedal was clicking in the first 25mm of travel, whether coming up or down...

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sounds like a the rachet mech is worn then... a common failure on older vehicles. The Fix? A new pedal assembly from the dealer i'm afraid.

There are rachet mech kits floating around on eBay but they're not worth it IMO and you have to faff about removing your current assembly, dismantling it then replacing the worn bits before putting it all back again. You're gonna be far better off just replacing the complete assembly from Renault UK despite it costing more (Around £45 for the part IIRC).

Mick

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
£45 isn't as bad as I thought... I'm not sure if it's just the cable and clutch that need replacing, I guess I'll do that first and see where I get from there.

Clio 172mk2
to reset it, take clutch cable off the arm in engine bay , press pedel to floor, then re attach cable 2 min job, try a bit of grees where the pedal moves above,