ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Self adisive grip tape

Clio 197
Hi does anyone no where i can get wide sheets of grip tape from for my foot wells wide enough to go across each well.

Thanks Nick

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
the only thing is, with each footwell not being perfectly flat, id be unsure of how plyable it will be to work into each crease and dip and still look presentable.

i used a big roll i purchased from Halfords and just applied a few strips in the places that seemed more feasable for people getting in/out of the car.
(assuming this is for a stripped out car?)

Clio 197
Yeah was looking at skate board tape but was not wide enough to go all the way across so ill try halfords to see what they have and yes is stripped out.

Thanks

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Use skateboard grip tape i have and it worked a treat on a uneven floor (with a heat gun) 2 lengths side by side and the floor well is covered here's a pic of mine before i removed the support bar and fully stripped it again.

92a6e8fa.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Good thing about a decent quality skateboard grip tape is its quite durable even with wet shoes on it etc, as its designed for that.

Clio 172 (CUP)
Use skateboard grip tape i have and it worked a treat on a uneven floor (with a heat gun) 2 lengths side by side and the floor well is covered here's a pic of mine before i removed the support bar and fully stripped it again.

92a6e8fa.jpg
Need to order some but not near the car to measure up. Could you tell me how many 9" x 33" lengths (common order length) you used, as your coverage is good? Ta.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I've been using board tape for years as car mats in stripped cars, for a neater/more o/e sort of finish I just use the original mats as a template and chop out actual mat shaped cutouts of the tape :)

M3, Cup racer'd 182
I'll be heading over the garage in a hour so can measure the floor area of where i had it covered previously and post back.

From memory i bought 3x 9"x33" in a (uncut) continuous strip and still had loads spare.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Need to order some but not near the car to measure up. Could you tell me how many 9" x 33" lengths (common order length) you used, as your coverage is good? Ta.

Just measured and it came in around 25" in length and 2x 9" strips side by side.

Clio 172 (CUP)
Just measured and it came in around 25" in length and 2x 9" strips side by side.
Hey thanks allot for doing that, wasn't sure if I could get away with 3 lengths then, seemed so and I can put the scraps on the passenger side .... Ta!